cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Value added service"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on holiday in Europe recently and accidentally turned on date roaming one day while trying to brighten the screen (they're next to each other and I couldn't see what I was doing properly due to reflections - hence the need to brighten it).  I turned it off immediately, but not before the phone had downloaded a tiny bit of data.  I knew I'd be charged £1.99 for it, and sure enough, it's on my bill, itemised for the day in question as £1.66 (which comes to £1.99 with VAT). It's itemised as "O2 travel data" as you'd expect. So far, so good.

But there's a second chage on my bill of £1.66 (£1.99 inc VAT).  It's in a different section of the bill headed "Other charges and credits" and is simply described as "value added service" with no further clue as to what it relates to. I only turned on data roaming that one time, so it can't be that, as it's already itemised in the bill (£1.99 is the flat daily rate)- and  in any event, if the charge related to O2 travel, I'd expect it to be shown as that, with details of the date, as it was with the other £1.66 charge.

Has anyone else had this?  I should only have to pay the £1.99 once for the O2 travel, as I only used it (accidentally) on one day.  It wasn't late in the evening, so it didn't straddle two days.  I'm not too happy about paying for something without knowing what it is.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do.

Will hopefully also have an explanation of why O2 only charged for some days and not others.

Message 41 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions