cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Value added service"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on holiday in Europe recently and accidentally turned on date roaming one day while trying to brighten the screen (they're next to each other and I couldn't see what I was doing properly due to reflections - hence the need to brighten it).  I turned it off immediately, but not before the phone had downloaded a tiny bit of data.  I knew I'd be charged £1.99 for it, and sure enough, it's on my bill, itemised for the day in question as £1.66 (which comes to £1.99 with VAT). It's itemised as "O2 travel data" as you'd expect. So far, so good.

But there's a second chage on my bill of £1.66 (£1.99 inc VAT).  It's in a different section of the bill headed "Other charges and credits" and is simply described as "value added service" with no further clue as to what it relates to. I only turned on data roaming that one time, so it can't be that, as it's already itemised in the bill (£1.99 is the flat daily rate)- and  in any event, if the charge related to O2 travel, I'd expect it to be shown as that, with details of the date, as it was with the other £1.66 charge.

Has anyone else had this?  I should only have to pay the £1.99 once for the O2 travel, as I only used it (accidentally) on one day.  It wasn't late in the evening, so it didn't straddle two days.  I'm not too happy about paying for something without knowing what it is.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The small amounts started in June when I came to Sweden and are still occuring now. I upgraded to IOS 8 when it was released and have also upgraded to IOS 8.0.2

It's strange that I get charged for some but not others!

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
I can confirm that O2 Travel is only charged once.
Is you actual bill higher by £3.98 as it could just be listed in different sections of the bill....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 42

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Some charges are aggregated in one part of the bill and then itemised elswhere, however check as MI5 has suggested that you haven't had the higher figure added to the total.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 42

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - yes, I'd actually checked that.  The bill is £3.98 higher and the charge has been added twice.  As I say, in one place it's clear what it's for and as I expected, in the other place there's no clue what it relates to.

Message 5 of 42

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
In that case you'll have to check with CS, sorry....
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - but this has definitely been charged twice.  And I've tried the chat online numerous times, but as soon as it connects it ends the conversation... Ho hum!

Message 7 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Calling Customer Service on 202 from your mobile would be your best option. It's a free call.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yes - the reason why I havne't tried that so far is that we don't have mobile reception at home, so I'll have to wait till next time I'm out and it's not raining!

Message 9 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

Try The TuGo app for home. It's not perfect, but might help you to make calls from home over WiFi.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 42