Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchasing phone

joules
Level 4: Observant
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Back again!!! when I go into purchasing the phone it gives you tariffs to choose from, dont seem to see my tariff which is Text and Web! do I just choose any and then when I apply to keep my current phone number can I get that tariff then? 

Message 1 of 94
93 REPLIES 93

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks thats worked managed tto set date and time. do you know what I need to set up in order that when I make a call or take a call and hold the phone to my ear to stop it cutting off if I catch my cheek? many thanks

Message 31 of 94

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That feature is set up automatically for you - no need to set anything yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 94

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

brilliant thank you, will have to wait now until i get connection but thanks for all your advice much appreciated

Message 33 of 94

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Enjoy your new phone and remember we are here if you need us slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 94

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my sim has been moved to my nokia but my contacts and messages are not!  how can I do this? any advice please?

Also how can I check my balance?

Message 35 of 94

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

A sim swap only moves your mobile number and tariff and any credit across not your mobile numbers.

You need to use a PC suite or if you use gmail then you can move your numbers that way.

Help links http://m.wikihow.com/Transfer-Contacts-when-Switching-Between-Nokia-Phones

To check your balance use myo2 or dial 4444 or text BALANCE to 20202
Message 36 of 94

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I am new to this what is a PC suite. my old phone is a samsung standard flip style E2530 phone!  will I have to put all my contacts in myself and if so how do I do this just not familiar with this type of phone!

Also on old phone you just pressed show balance and it did or call voicemail and it did but cannot seem to see if or where these shortcuts are?!!!

Message 37 of 94

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I use the Nokia Lumia 520 myself.

Do you use GMail ?

Or a SD card ?

Right now the Myo2 app is not coded to work on the windows phone.

I dial 4444 or use the myo2 link at the top of the forum or try o2.co.uk/myo2 in your browser or the text balance method.

Edit ; if you don't have lots and lots of contacts then yes just key them into the Lumia 520.
Message 38 of 94

Anonymous
Not applicable
To answer your other question.

Nokia PC Suite http://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-pc-suite/

"Use Nokia PC Suite to move content between the phone and the computer, and get apps or the latest phone software.
You can sync information between your phone and programs, such as Office Outlook, create multimedia messages, or manage your phone’s calendar effortlessly on your computer. You can also connect your computer to the internet with the help of your phone."

Maybe this will help http://www.noknok.tv/2013/04/30/nokia-lumia-520-owners-top-5-tips-you-need-to-do-right-now/

Look at the phone icon tile. When you get a voicemail a little cassette will show in there.
Message 39 of 94

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks will need time to look and sort this!!!!do i need to set up microsoft account? if so what email address do I give, told you I was new to all this!!!!  i i have some messages from o2 how do i delete text messages? many thanks

Message 40 of 94