cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help for my dad please.He bought a new smartphone on pay as you go about 4-5 weeks ago. He is really struggling with it, not comfortable with and frightened of it. I feel sorry for him. Will he be able to take it back and exchange for a back to basics phone?
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Sometimes it takes time to become accustomed to new tech. Help and assist if you can.

If he cannot get along with it then their are plenty of avenues to sell it and use the funds to buy a better suited phone. Best to visit the high street and play with demo models to get a feel of a better suited phone.

Message 11 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
He should of stuck to basics. Unfortunately he is in that generation where smartphones are another world lol. He just can't get the hang of it.
Message 12 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me and my brother have showed him time and time how to use it but it just doesn't sink in.
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to provide an example Mazuma would offer £12 for a working model. Some others may offer a little more some a little less. Mazuma are one of the more reliable ones.
Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankyou so much for all your feedback. Much appreciated.
Message 15 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You could also try carphonewarehouse as they will take trade in's in store against a new phone - They sell quite a few basic models so he should have good choice but I suggest you or your brother go in with him to advise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know how old your dad is but I am 51 and have a very basic Nokia but I did buy an iPad mini recently and slowly but surely I am getting the hang of it! My three sons all have smartphones and find me highly amusing. I'd stick with it because if I can do it anyone can!
Message 17 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know how old your dad is but I am 51 and have a very basic Nokia but I did buy an iPad mini recently and slowly but surely I am getting the hang of it! My three sons all have smartphones and find me highly amusing. I'd stick with it because if I can do it anyone can!

And I am even older than you @Anonymous  and was pulled kicking and screaming into the smartphone world 18 months ago...I will never know as much as my sons...but I get by and have found that now I wouldn't be without it...and certainly could not go back...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It sounds as though he is a little unnerved with the phone (I won't go so far as to say frightened) but he is obviously not comfortable with it. It can be a slow learning curve but familiarity breeds comfort so it might be worth sticking with it a little while longer.

Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I still won't give up my Nokia. My little one disabled his iPhone by forgetting his passcode and in the process of restoring it (thank you, Apple) I managed to change/lose all my husbands contacts because they have a joint iTunes account. Mustn't laugh.....
Message 20 of 25