cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premium and information charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I have just been charged £10:00 premium charge and the only reason I can think of is, a recorded message I received and it said "press 9 to stop these calls" people out there beware don't make the same mistake I did.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I would recommend you stand your ground. Unless you agreed to these services then you shouldn't be billed for them. Otherwise any company operating such lines could just add numbers they find or even guess.

If networks just wrote off the charges then you'd have the same issue, hence why customers are told to contact the company that is doing the charging, insist they remove their number from their database, and if they continue then report them to http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cs on 202 will explain the charge and also note the bill summary is in your Myo2.

If you have a blocking facility in your phone then add the number to stop any other messages.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ask O2 to look into it for you with a view to a refund I wouldn't just accept it
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2's normal stance on premium sms / call charges is that they cannot prove that the company that contacted you didn't get your number legitimately so cannot help with the charges.  They might offer something as a goodwill gesture but can't see them wiping the charges completely.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would recommend you stand your ground. Unless you agreed to these services then you shouldn't be billed for them. Otherwise any company operating such lines could just add numbers they find or even guess.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If networks just wrote off the charges then you'd have the same issue, hence why customers are told to contact the company that is doing the charging, insist they remove their number from their database, and if they continue then report them to http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can only go by my personal experience but I have had a few premium texts a few different times totalling up to £8-10 each time I've never had one advisor refuse to credit me I didn't ask for it it's o2s network their problem
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can only go by my personal experience but I have had a few premium texts a few different times totalling up to £8-10 each time I've never had one advisor refuse to credit me I didn't ask for it it's o2s network their problem

Depends on the advisor.  Some dish out credits like sweets to try and keep the customer satisfaction scores up.  Others follow O2's rules/processes and don't dish them out.  Some fall in the middle where they normally follow process but every now and then pop outside if they can justify it.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I don't doubt it depends on the advisor I have have got all the nice ones slight_smile
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I'll try that.
Message 10 of 10