cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 travel payg - please clarify

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am struggling to wade through the whole thread on o2 travel, so apologies if this has been covered,.

Context:

I am on PAYG, going to Germany next month for a week.

Will text back to UK maybe a couple of times a day, and also text to other UK phone in same place as me. Might want to use a bit of mobile data, might not, depending on wifi in hotel.

Should I be on O2 travel bolt on or not? I have used it whilst abroad before, and only when I used mobile data was it activated and I paid the daily fee.

My confusion lies I think with any differences between this new O2 travel on payg and pay monthly.

Is the PAYG o2 travel much the same as it always was, or is it too now activated by a single text as I understand the pay monthly one is?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Won't make any difference to me - you'd be wise to get a Spanish sim to use for calls within Spain when you are there too and just use skype or whatever you prefer to call home over wifi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

And of course this will all become irrelevant when we leave the EU....

Not necessarily.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 32 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Won't make any difference to me - you'd be wise to get a Spanish sim to use for calls within Spain when you are there too and just use skype or whatever you prefer to call home over wifi.

Yes that's my plan @MI5. .....Such a shame it will probably be necessary to do that...but never mind I have it covered. I still have the Note 3. The next time I go the spanish sim will go in that....Be interesting to make comparisons as well. I do love a bit of research....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 36

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I've managed here for 4 years with a local sim, TU and wifi. You soon get used to adapting your usage to your present situation. I can also confirm that the extended travel is not available on P&G here.

Message 34 of 36

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
According to the direction from Toby t is only for data use.
All calls and texts are charged independently, so all you are getting is half price data.
tbh you would be better off with an unlimited Three PAYG sim which would give you everything you need (and some spare) for £20.

Hi guys, just FYI, confirming that this is correct slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 35 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Toby/MI5.

Glad just one text won't cost me £1.99

Message 36 of 36