cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 travel payg - please clarify

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am struggling to wade through the whole thread on o2 travel, so apologies if this has been covered,.

Context:

I am on PAYG, going to Germany next month for a week.

Will text back to UK maybe a couple of times a day, and also text to other UK phone in same place as me. Might want to use a bit of mobile data, might not, depending on wifi in hotel.

Should I be on O2 travel bolt on or not? I have used it whilst abroad before, and only when I used mobile data was it activated and I paid the daily fee.

My confusion lies I think with any differences between this new O2 travel on payg and pay monthly.

Is the PAYG o2 travel much the same as it always was, or is it too now activated by a single text as I understand the pay monthly one is?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Beenherebefore,

Happy to take this to the rest of the team. Would you mind phrasing the question in a way for someone who would not read the community thread? Then I can send it over for clarification. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Toby .....perhaps you didn't read back far enough in the thread, it was @Anonymous that posed the original questions.

But as O2 Travel as regards PAYG also confuses me, and probably many others, then I will respond.

"I'm on PAYG, what do I need to do if I'm going on a holiday to Italy for 15 days and plan to use O2 Travel every day?. Will my voice calls and texts back to UK be included in the O2 Travel cost per day? Specifically, how much will it cost me in total for the 15 days?"

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 36

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Ah, sorry @Beenherebefore, I thought you needed clarification on your own question. I'll ask the team about this and return.

Get involved:

Message 23 of 36

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

With O2 Travel on Pay As You Go you pay £1.99 a day and be able to use up to 100MB of data. Any calls back to the UK or Europe will cost 4p and texts to UK or Europe will cost 1p.

Get involved:

Message 24 of 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Righto, pretty poor then compared to contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:

Hi guys,

With O2 Travel on Pay As You Go you pay £1.99 a day and be able to use up to 100MB of data. Any calls back to the UK or Europe will cost 4p and texts to UK or Europe will cost 1p.

Thanks for this @Toby- however I am still not 100% clear about this point:

On PAYG, if I have O2 travel enabled, is the daily £1.99 charge triggered the instant I send 1 text, or only when I use mobile data.

Thanks

Message 26 of 36

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
According to the direction from Toby t is only for data use.
All calls and texts are charged independently, so all you are getting is half price data.
tbh you would be better off with an unlimited Three PAYG sim which would give you everything you need (and some spare) for £20.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 36

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous.

@MI5 is correct, but I am just checking for you just in case we have any other info we can provide slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 28 of 36

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Also the new countries that came on board with O2 travel contract like USA, Turkey and so on are not included on PAYG.

Roaming with PAYG O2 Travel is EU only.

Andorra is also not part of the EU, and contract and PAYG Data Doesn't work there at all as o2 had it switched off, this is because the only network in Andorra charge rates above and beyond to foreign networks from what I understand so it became unsustainable in costs.

I believe however from next year, Andorra has agreed to be included in the new roaming agreement with the rest of EU, however this may change as anything is possible

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 29 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

And of course this will all become irrelevant when we leave the EU....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 36