cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 texting problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Checked my account and found that I have been billed £22.98 for messages. As I have unlimited texts i phoned o2 and asked why. They told me that I had sent 69 picture messages in the space of less than an hour to my wifes phone and that I had even sent 4 picture messages in 4 minutes,. My wife does not even own a picture messaging phone, just a bog standard phone. Have told o2 that I am being ripped off and want some urgent investigation. This is not the first time o2 have ripped me off. Last month I was charged 33p extra for sending a picture message to my wifes phone. Which I never did. They even asked me to rate my experience with them so I gave them 1 out of 5. They said they would get back to me. STILL WAITING. Would not recommend o2 to my friends.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would then suggest you file a complaint and see where that goes.

Good luck.
Message 11 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Definitely make a complaint. There is obviously something wrong. In your complaint tell them you want this investigating.

Message 12 of 25

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

As I see you have already asked CS to investigate you need to wait to them to get back yo you.
If this is unsatisfactory you can start the complaints process.
As this will take some time I advise you to pay the bill as normal and O2 will refund if the complaint is found in your favour.
The consequences of not paying will cost you far more in the long run.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Sorry to hear this has happened. Please follow Mi5's advice on this and lets us all know how you get on...

I'm sure CS will get back to you soon, but if not definitely you should start complaints process.

Message 14 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MarinaP am very happy to say that the issue as now been resolved to my complete satisfaction.

Message 15 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MarinaP am very happy to say that the issue as now been resolved to my complete satisfaction.

That's excellent news @Anonymous  Really pleased for you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 25

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Good to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 25

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 18 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous
@Anonymous I'm glad it is sorted now. Thanks for updating the community. Remember to return to your discussion to mark a post as your solution if you found one! See you around :smileyhappy:

Message 19 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought my nightmare of being overcharged £22.98 was over. o2 agreed to waiver the amount as a goodwill gesture.Then when I get this months bill I find that there is a £4.59 excess. Spent a long long time on the phone asking why this was. Found out that it was vat on top of the £22.98. They had forgotten to take that off as well. Come on o2 buck your ideas up you have just LOST a customer. Have got 1 more month of this contract left then I am out. Would definately not recommend o2.

Message 20 of 25