cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh tariff after phone payed off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Just paid off the £150 i had left on my o2 refresh iphone and was told my tariff will now half in price unless i upgrade to a new phone is that right? tried asking live chat but they seemed baffled by what i thought was a simple question 

thanks!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

You will now only pay the airtime part of your contract.
That may or may not be half.

For example. If your phone was £20 per month and Airtime £15 a month, rather than paying £35 in total you will now only pay £15.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

You will now only pay the airtime part of your contract.
That may or may not be half.

For example. If your phone was £20 per month and Airtime £15 a month, rather than paying £35 in total you will now only pay £15.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

It depends really. As you know, you had 2 Direct debits, one for the tariff and another for the phone. because you paid off the phone you will only have the Tariff to pay. slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

ah ok i was told that the airtime halfs in cost after you have payed off the phone itself so maybe ill just cancel instead as im sure i can get a better sim only deal 

thanks 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No sorry.
But at least you can just walk away now and take the best sim only deal you can find.
Make sure you get your O2 phone unlocked first though.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to cancel, you can just transfer to sim only, just ring customer services.

Have a look online first

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity#/tariffs

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If you want to cancel give 30 days notice and go with the best sim only deal but do try other network sims for coverage before deciding who to go with.

Message 7 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yes the most important thing if you're thinking of moving providers is to get a handful of sims from different providers and check out coverage where you'll be using then the most frequently.

Good luck,

Charlie.
Message 8 of 8