cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 refresh broken mobile help

Anonymous
Not applicable

i upgraded to an iphone 4s september 2013 and still have to pay for it until august 2015. i currently still owe £165 on the mobile but the mobile is broke, it has been to be repaired but it cant be repaired as the wifi module on the logic board has broke so i have an iphone that cant connect to the internet

what do i do?

i dont want to pay £165 more on this mobile as its no use to me

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive been in touch with o2 and they have booked a repair so i will send it to them tomorrow, they will let me know what i will have to pay before they do any work so i will let u know what they say slight_smile

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Push them for a freebie slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I also believe Apple don't actually repair the phone in most instances ,but charge the express replacement fee ,and supply a mint refurbished handset.

A lot of the time yes, particularly at the genius bar where the aim is to get the customer out with a working device as fast as possible, however Apple have started doing more repairs even at the genius bar. I had an iPhone 5 with a loose home button that had the whole front assembly replaced to repair it but the unit itself wasn't replaced. I was hoping for a replacement too as I'd just bought my 6 Plus and was going to sell the 5

Message 14 of 14