cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 not unlocking my Iphone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone have success in getting an old iPhone 4 unlocked by o2?

I have made 5 requestes on-line without success to get this done. I have also filled in the online form. Everytime i am told there was technical issue and i should raise it again. The "gurus" are beyond joke. now I am being told it'll again get rejected as your iPhone IMEI is not being recognized on our system as locked. I am unable to use anyother network sim on the phone apart from o2.

Feel shaftered now. I ahve topped up over GBP30 so i have more that 15 pounds reauired for PAYG customers.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Does the imei number of the phone show in your MyO2? http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
If not, you need to make some calls until it does.
There was recently a problem with unlocking iPhones but I would have hoped this was resolved by now?
Help link here if you need it http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Have you synced it to iTunes recently?
Try doing so with a non O2 sim in
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my IMEI number shows on my 02 page. including my moblie number, I have not updated anything through itunes since i inhereted it from ex g/f

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You should try a non o2 sim in it and connect to iTunes - If the imei has been entered correctly on the unlock database from any of your previous attempts it will complete the process.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yep, it's probably unlocked on apples side and just needs the iTunes sync to remove the lock.
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Can you give us an update on your unlock issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7