cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 message bombardment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Between 2.35 and 7.00am this morning I have had 9 messages from o2_UK telling me that I am out of credit and should top up if I want to use data!!! 

I don't want to top up, I don't want to use data!  How do I stop them???

Tried texting STOP ...No good. No answer from customer services.

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to contact customer service and ask them to switch off alerts. Also update your marketing preferences in My O2 under the More option.

Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Another failure of the 'automated system'. My other half is on PAYG and whilst neither of us have a problem about reminders being send.......the TIME they are all generated is a real pain! ....More for me than him... as he would sleep through anything. The slightest sound wakes me however slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

10 messages!!! Grrr

Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

10 messages!!! Grrr

Would have been my reaction as well @Anonymous...in fact I would have been inclined to launch the phone out of the bedroom window wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2 must know the times these messages are being sent. Someone would have to program a computer to send them. Why are they allowing them to go out at a time that they must know would be inconvenient and bothersome to most people? It's absurd.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear about the messages arriving when they did. I shall let the rest of the team know in the hope that this will be decreased. Has anyone else on this thread had similar messages at similar times?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Designed deliberately to give maximum annoyance so you top up to stop them and hence generate more cash for O2........?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby All of my messages from O2 come in 'overnight' .I am on contract.

My husband is on PAYG and all his messages come in between the hours of 3am and 6am... We never get anything during normal working hours in this house....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is really *ing annoying.

not to mention tedious.

i have had it go on over hours and also sometimes you receive the 'pop up' messages that do not arrive as a text, these messages tend to connect you to the net so that it forces your phone to connect to web and then charge you £1  for rest of day. it is a disgusting and deceiving trick to pull, when you have a pittance left in the dregs of your account the good old helpful people at o2 - lets call them Gurus - force messages through to you so that they can, by law, charge you even more money for something you neither want or need but you now have even less in account IT IS A SCAM AND SHOULD BE OUTLAWED.

Message 10 of 17