cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 message bombardment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Between 2.35 and 7.00am this morning I have had 9 messages from o2_UK telling me that I am out of credit and should top up if I want to use data!!! 

I don't want to top up, I don't want to use data!  How do I stop them???

Tried texting STOP ...No good. No answer from customer services.

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

are these not normal working hours in Bangalor ???

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Toby All of my messages from O2 come in 'overnight' .I am on contract.

My husband is on PAYG and all his messages come in between the hours of 3am and 6am... We never get anything during normal working hours in this house....

Message 11 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure it's anything to with area @Anonymous They are automatically generated as I understand ...However,  @Toby community manager is looking into the problem wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 17

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm about to send you a PM, so take a look when you're ready slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

this is really *ing annoying.

not to mention tedious.

i have had it go on over hours and also sometimes you receive the 'pop up' messages that do not arrive as a text, these messages tend to connect you to the net so that it forces your phone to connect to web and then charge you £1  for rest of day. it is a disgusting and deceiving trick to pull, when you have a pittance left in the dregs of your account the good old helpful people at o2 - lets call them Gurus - force messages through to you so that they can, by law, charge you even more money for something you neither want or need but you now have even less in account IT IS A SCAM AND SHOULD BE OUTLAWED.

This thread is about O2 top up notifications, what you have is different and you need to find out who these are from to get them stopped.

O2 do not send messages that make you connect to the internet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also connecting to O2 sites via your mobile isn't chargable if I'm correct?
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep getting bombarded too with top up your phone credit txts, I am PAYG and I recieved over 178 texts all on the one day in a space of 2 hours while I was at work.My phone sounded like it was going crazy I get these frequently and I've just about had it with this network. I had to switch my phone off that day just to get it to shut up otherwise I think the texts would have went on all night. I think one msg would suffice to notify you if u run out of credit at the moment you use your last 1p but a 178 WTF!!!!!!!!!!! I want these msgs to stop.

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You can stop this by contacting O2 Customer Services and ask them to switch off alerts

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17