Not applicable
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
A bit more and a pretty accurate wiki on 5G here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5G
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 34

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes 5G is a long way off yet. O2 need to get the mass congestion sorted out before they lose all credibility.

Message 22 of 34

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

EE are just after market share, granted they are one of teh best networks in the UK and they actually have the infrastructure now to run 5G so how long before they roll that out??

Where on earth did you get this from, totally incorrect?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 34

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ewanrw wrote:

I have a number of large charities in Scotland as customers and most use Android but shifting to Windows Phone.

Provided they use an MDM solution, there are very few security issues, and remember that WP is second only to BlackBerry in security and is now used by several Police forces as well as being authorised for Government use.

I know a few organisations on EE paying £5.00 for all you can eat. Spend a lot of time complaining about the signal, but money talks.

ewan 

Sorry, got to disagree about using an MDM solution. There is VERY little that can be set for Windows Phone via MDM, basically you can enforce a passcode, device encryption, disable the SD card, set a Wifi network and email/Activesync settings. Most companies, particularly in the public sector, want to ensure not only that any data stored on them is secure but be able to carry out other functions such as to deploy and manage apps or audit use.  There just isn't the ability (yet) to do anything else with this OS through MDM. 

Personally I don't think there's enough that can be done to manage, secure and restrict use of iOS with an MDM solution, even after supervising devices with Apple Configurator! Users can just go in and delete MDM profiles or disable VPN!

CESG has approved Windows Phone 8 for remote UK Government use but even in their guidance it names problems with such as a lack of application whitelisting and being unable to control the Wifi or Bluetooth interfaces.

EE won the national tender for NHS Scotland so you'll find most of the NHS phones in Scotland are on EE because of that.

Message 25 of 34

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
I suppose it really depends what you/they are looking for from MDM.

Also think you'll be pleasantly surprised by WP8.1.

And yeah, I know EE's head of public sector for Scotland. They're quite proud of the win haha. Nearly went to work for him!

ewan
Message 26 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard this from a Director of a business reseller for EE 

Message 27 of 34

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Sure he wasn't meaning LTE-A or "4.5G" which should give circa 300mbps?

I believe there are plans to roll out to businesses in London soon. Requires specific LTE-A routers as it'll melt pretty much everything currently out there.

ewan
Message 28 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think every network is gonna be hard pished to beat EE they have secured BT Mobile, and also the air ambulance. i dont think anyone can beat EE and what they offer.. 

Message 29 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

how long before their is a network merge with voda and o2 to become "fone2" lol id bet 2016...

Message 30 of 34