cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Signal Issues - email to Ronan Dunne, CEO

Anonymous
Not applicable

TONIGHT I HAVE FINALLY LOST PATIENCE WITH O2 AND HAVE EMAILED RONAN DUNNE, CEO OF O2 TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF MY OPINION: ENJOY

Dear Mr Dunne

Please forgive me for contacting you directly. This is an extremely rare occurrence for me however I have been driven to total despair by your company's dreadful customer service and a downward spiral in signal performance.

I appreciate you are a busy man but I will keep this brief.

In my home postcode (XXXX XXX) and according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 2g" coverage. OH NO I DON'T. I have repeatedly told o2 this and yet still your company lies to potential customers.

In my work postcode (XXXX XXX) and again according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 3g & 2g" coverage. However the data signal is now regularly failing to connect. Apparently the network is congested but o2 have no plans to resolve the issue. So, you expect me to pay my contract costs on time but you refuse to provide a working service? How does that work?

I could give you a whole list of postcodes however I wont be so pedantic.

I have been in regular contact with o2 Customer Services who have repeatedly lied, never let you talk to a manager, failed to return calls, it takes over 30 minutes to even get them to answer these days and all I keep hearing is "terms and conditions".

Now as a business man, you will know that a contract requires two equal parties to sign up to and that each party must adhere to its obligations. I pay my bill on time. Do o2 give me a good signal? I dont expect 4g here yet, I recognise that. But all I get is negative from o2.

I have complained to the Complaints Review Service, who to be honest are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Their response? LEAVE. Simple as that. If you dont like it, leave. Is this how o2 treats its customers these days? The old o2 would make sure that the customer got a great service. Today's o2 doesnt give a damn. I have told o2 Complaints Review Service that leaving is the last option I would want to take, however if I do then I will take the handsets with me (as I paid for them 2 x £150) however CRS are demanding the handsets back (as I paid for them, I own them).

Recently, many more customers have taken to social networks to complain about o2 and their signal issues. Indeed, at a recent press conference you yourself said that 4g was not causing the current signal issues and that o2 were not being effective at getting that message across. So clearly o2 are experiencing signal issues and you have effectively admitted that. But nowhere was a solution mentioned.

Across the o2 community forum, people who have been o2 customers since BT Cellnet days are now saying they are going to move to other networks. I have never seen such negative feedback about o2.

So Mr Dunne, as Chief Executive Officer, you tell me what you are going to do about this? You tell me how you are going to sort out my issues to make me smile about o2 again. I have never seen a company's fall from grace be so spectacular as that of o2 currently. Others have fallen from grace yes, and went under. Is that what you want for o2? Remember there is a resurgent Vodafone, awash with cash, who plan to make the mobile world a much better place.

Will you reply to a customer? I doubt it, well, at least not personally. However I will watch with baited breath to see if a solution can be found.

Best regards

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sounds promising. Let's hope the extra work next week means you get decent coverage from now on slight_smile

Message 51 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Keeping everything crossed @jonsie.

It certainly liked fab earlier today and I think they were just testing. Tonight it was 4mbs whilst in a moving car. Still fine.

Have also been told the area is expecting to get 4g this year 😀
Message 52 of 79

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I just wish they would make public the roll out schedule for 4G.:smileysad:

Message 53 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would save them a lot of stress if they did.

Most people are happy if they know improvements are coming.
Message 54 of 79

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Good to hear

I have mentioned this in another post. I myself am based in the west midlands and i have to check vodafone's network status page to see planned maintenance in the area as o2 do not provide this on their status checker page.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/o2-Status-Checker-Comment/td-p/686813

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 55 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Mr. Dunne,

I purchased a Kindle PaperWhite on 28/6/04 from Amazon, but since then and up to now I am very frustrated after trying every password I know, getting advice over phone from one of your experts, following instructions from items on laptop etc. etc.  Would it possible for me to be sent a new and viable password via Royal Mail (My router is Thomson,o2wireless box II, Sn:CP0934SFUZK 68).If I can't get the password then I just have to return the Kindle. Thanking you by return,

Message 56 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

You might want to remove your e mail details as this is a user to user forum.

I've flagged.

Sky now own o2s broadband services. You may want to talk to them and look on Sky's forums. 

Message 57 of 79

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
What password is it you require exactly?
If it is the WiFi password to connect your Kindle to your router it will be on the label underneath the router.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 58 of 79

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes it should be on the bottom of the router. O2 won't be able to help you with this.

Message 59 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope the wep code hadn't been changed since installation ! Their a pain to reset.

Remember they are case sensitive too.
Message 60 of 79