cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Signal Issues - email to Ronan Dunne, CEO

Anonymous
Not applicable

TONIGHT I HAVE FINALLY LOST PATIENCE WITH O2 AND HAVE EMAILED RONAN DUNNE, CEO OF O2 TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF MY OPINION: ENJOY

Dear Mr Dunne

Please forgive me for contacting you directly. This is an extremely rare occurrence for me however I have been driven to total despair by your company's dreadful customer service and a downward spiral in signal performance.

I appreciate you are a busy man but I will keep this brief.

In my home postcode (XXXX XXX) and according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 2g" coverage. OH NO I DON'T. I have repeatedly told o2 this and yet still your company lies to potential customers.

In my work postcode (XXXX XXX) and again according to your website, I should get a "good indoor and outdoor 3g & 2g" coverage. However the data signal is now regularly failing to connect. Apparently the network is congested but o2 have no plans to resolve the issue. So, you expect me to pay my contract costs on time but you refuse to provide a working service? How does that work?

I could give you a whole list of postcodes however I wont be so pedantic.

I have been in regular contact with o2 Customer Services who have repeatedly lied, never let you talk to a manager, failed to return calls, it takes over 30 minutes to even get them to answer these days and all I keep hearing is "terms and conditions".

Now as a business man, you will know that a contract requires two equal parties to sign up to and that each party must adhere to its obligations. I pay my bill on time. Do o2 give me a good signal? I dont expect 4g here yet, I recognise that. But all I get is negative from o2.

I have complained to the Complaints Review Service, who to be honest are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. Their response? LEAVE. Simple as that. If you dont like it, leave. Is this how o2 treats its customers these days? The old o2 would make sure that the customer got a great service. Today's o2 doesnt give a damn. I have told o2 Complaints Review Service that leaving is the last option I would want to take, however if I do then I will take the handsets with me (as I paid for them 2 x £150) however CRS are demanding the handsets back (as I paid for them, I own them).

Recently, many more customers have taken to social networks to complain about o2 and their signal issues. Indeed, at a recent press conference you yourself said that 4g was not causing the current signal issues and that o2 were not being effective at getting that message across. So clearly o2 are experiencing signal issues and you have effectively admitted that. But nowhere was a solution mentioned.

Across the o2 community forum, people who have been o2 customers since BT Cellnet days are now saying they are going to move to other networks. I have never seen such negative feedback about o2.

So Mr Dunne, as Chief Executive Officer, you tell me what you are going to do about this? You tell me how you are going to sort out my issues to make me smile about o2 again. I have never seen a company's fall from grace be so spectacular as that of o2 currently. Others have fallen from grace yes, and went under. Is that what you want for o2? Remember there is a resurgent Vodafone, awash with cash, who plan to make the mobile world a much better place.

Will you reply to a customer? I doubt it, well, at least not personally. However I will watch with baited breath to see if a solution can be found.

Best regards

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Perksie

The congestion issues have been reported nationally in the press along with Mr Dunne's statement about 4g not causing issues with 3g.

The congestion here was advised by o2 customer services and o2 network services who went on to say that despite the capacity being beached since October they do not have plans to resolve the issue and don't see it changing.

Where are you seeing this?

The network is being upgraded right now and is constantly changing.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/News/27292/4G_rollout_is_not_damaging_3G_signals_O2s_Dunne.aspx

Hi Perksie

please see link above re Ronan Dunne's comments about signal issues.

In terms of the local area this was told to me by o2 customer services and network services.
Message 12 of 79

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That article mostly contradicts what you're saying here, but O2 still have to comply with the 4G agreement.

If your accusations were true then you need to move network as your signal will never improve and your complaint will never be addressed.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 13 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Perksie

For once we must disagree as I think the issue of coverage is a pertinent one and is affecting a lot of disgruntled o2 (and probably other network) customers at this time.

Mr Dunne has made clear that there is a perception amongst customers that 4g is the reason for the drop in 3g and 2g signal and that the industry needs to do more to explain this to customers.

In saying this he is clearly acknowledging that there are signal issues so I am sorry but how you can say that the article contradicts is beyond me. It is clear asthe sky is blue.

Sorry but I stand by my posts here and whilst I recognise you won't have a word said against o2 if things are not right then people must say so that the organisations can put it right.
Message 14 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Further I would also have to be clear that everything I have put in this thread is not only clear and true, it can also be evidenced.

The fact that o2 have been made to amend their website following complaints about the coverage checker made to the Advertising Standards Authority.

The fact that the ASA are looking again at the website coverage checker following another complaint. This time the ASA are passing the complaint to the ASA Council who, instead of dealing with it informally like they did with the first complaint (not me by the way), are now going to consider if formal action needs to be taken.

When I post in here I do so with fact that can be backed up and evidenced. I don't just post any old comment for the sake of it.

The most recent ASA review is as a result of a complaint by me following a review of changes already made.
Message 15 of 79

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry but I stand by my posts here and whilst I recognise you won't have a word said against o2 if things are not right then people must say so that the organisations can put it right.

You're wrong there as anyone who's been on here a while will tell you, I've probably had more concerns expressed here than many, but I'm fairly dogged in making sure the facts are accurate.

Only time will tell as I don't think more will come from O2 and they'll be in deep trouble if they don't meet the network coverage target, but they have until 2017 to do that.

Message 16 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Perksie

I do agree with much of what you say in community that I have seen and read and you are a great help to many.

I agree that whereas o2 didn't really hit the mark with 3g coverage they will do with 4g.

For the moment however they need to sort out the current signal issues they have where service has dropped. I know my local base station won't be upgraded tomorrow just because I want it to be. But many are reporting a sudden significant drop in performance all around the country. That needs addressing.

As for the coverage checker, If it says good indoor and outdoor that's what it should be and if o2 are advised it isn't they should amend the website.

There is little defence really to either of these points and both are within o2's remit and power to resolve.
Message 17 of 79

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Can you supply links please I have just searched the asa and the last informally resolved complaint against o2 was in november 2011 2 years ago http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications.aspx?SearchTerms=telefonica#2

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 18 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adamtemp64

The info I refer to was in an email to me from the ASA last week and a further email this week where they have told me the issue is being referred back to the ASA Council.

Given the personal nature of some of the contents of the email I am unable to share it here. They came from Anthony McGarry at the ASA.
Message 19 of 79

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@ piperdog123 But you state as fact o2 have had a recent informal decision but this is not on the asa website (I know how the asa work as have had direct contact with them as well (not about o2))

Also a google brings up only the EE case that went to full asa and not informal using "asa coverage checker" as a query.

Good luck with your complaint but I see no hard evidence online that o2 have been warned about the coverage checker recently.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 20 of 79