cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number change

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have beengetting menancing phone calls for some time now..i dont want to change my sim but do wish to change my number I have not requested this before and have had the same number for years now ...can you help me 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Apologies I did not know.

We need to know what phone the OP has then in order for us to give them the best advice possible slight_smile

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem is by blanket blocking unknown numbers most Dr surgeries as an example ring from unknown numbers so you could end up not getting a call.
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

The only problem with blocking all unknown numbers and indeed withheld numbers is that you could miss an important call. This malicious caller really needs to be stopped and if that involves the police then so be it. It is illegal and there is nothing guaranteed that this piece of scum won't get the new number from mutual aquaintences.

Message 13 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

A few years ago we were getting unknown callers ringing the house number at random times like 2am  at the weekend and it woke my nephew up.  It was clear that they were getting to us but we didn't want them to know that.  After a few weeks we started answering the phone and just leaving it connected but not talking and it was costing the other person.  In the end they stopped calling as they realised that we weren't bothered anymore slight_smile

It is upsetting, but if the caller knows that then they will continue to do it.

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Please give customer service a call to see if anything can be done.

Also, feel free to send me a message and we can have a chat.

Message 15 of 15