cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new s4 comes with screen protector.. new phone ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

just recived my new s4 the phone has a screen protector fitted .. never had this b4.. is this usual?.. the box was sealed but under closer inspection it was covering another broken seal.. am i paying full price for a reconditioned phone ??

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's not unusual. I've had them fitted from new before. They don't tend to last too long though...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's not unusual. I've had them fitted from new before. They don't tend to last too long though...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I personally wouldn't accept a new handset that has a broken seal.

Some phones have temporary screen protectors to keep the phones screen from scratches during transit etc.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was sealed bud but there was a second broken seal under that one that i didnt notice untill id opened it, every thing seems new but the screen protector set my suspicious mind into overdrive..will learn to relax and accept my new toy as a "new" phone, as some come with protectors fitted.. you guys have put my mind at ease.. thanks slight_smile

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's not unusual for networks to open boxes to add their own accessories or leaflets etc.
I wouldn't worry about it mate.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps straying just a teeny bit OT - but is there any test one can run/or setting one can check to determine if a supplied handset is refurbished rather than brand new?

I know O2 T&C says somewhere that if a handset is found to be faulty its replacement may be refurnbished, but are the T&C clear that  handsets supplied on foot of an initial purchase will be brand new?

Gerry

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem.

Enjoy your phone. slight_smile
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous   -  but no, it does not work on my S4 with Android 4.4.2    I did not try the alternative solution as it looks a bit more complicated.

Gerry

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
USSD codes have been disabled on android for years due to potential security risks.
IMEI and service codes still work but that's about it.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12