cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone is barred but by who and why ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

started just over 24 hrs ago, went to use phone silly little icon on bar signal top left hand side. So checked on line, said that there was a mast in my postcode area down...ok... So went to local o2 shop, had it looked at said no nothing to do with Mast, its faulty, tried sims its faulty..cam home, chatted to guro online, said its not faulty its the mast...............now perplexed....been using it 13 months trouble free

Ok so next morning, still no signal cant txt or rings or incoming .......so go into o2 shop again, ask if anyone else has a problem locally as my hubby, father in law, son  and friends in the same postcode, have no problems just me....so they delve deeper, had my phone from new, pay as you go, in credit and just topped up on the 17th, why oh why the clanger wait for it, it has a bar on it?????hmm now Im getting stressed, headache in a busy shop, so the chap helping, rings up somewhere explains,  then ask a few questions via me, then get the clear to say they will lift the bar, as there is no reason or code I guess reading on other posts, its not reported stolen or lost,  I have had it from new in a sealed box, so why oh why i am having this to deal with I do not know. Just had a chat with another Guro online, I want answers....told it could take up to 24 hrs, I guess for someone to flip a switch,I want to know why my phone is barred,been with o2 for donkeys years is it human error wrong digit put in the system...told to ring 08448471420 they will lift the bar, but I dont want to ring this number costs too much with tiscali.but I was told today in the shop it was lifted wait and turn my phone on and off, ok its not 24 hrs yet but I need my phone yesterday, my sons school if they need to get me in an emergency they cant now ....this is really annoying now....why me.............

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I am switching off in a moment @Anonymous I am off to feed my cats...and watch The Who headlining at Glastonbury. wink Please pop back and let us know how you get on....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

sure will do @Cleoriff keep you posted, sitting on thsi now until tuesday, you have cats on a lighter note I am a cat lover too, I have 2 siamese and 2 bengals, oh and have fun watching the who, I grew up round Glastonbury..my dad lives there...

Message 52 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

sure will do @Cleoriff keep you posted, sitting on thsi now until tuesday, you have cats on a lighter note I am a cat lover too, I have 2 siamese and 2 bengals, oh and have fun watching the who, I grew up round Glastonbury..my dad lives there...

My  lad is there at Glastonbury...funny how The Who is a favourite band of ours...and his. Great to hear you are a cat lover (though your username gve it away a bit) I only have 3 left now.....my eldest cat Bugsy was 17 last week...Anyway good luck with all of this...will speak again soon wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 53 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Belated wishes to bugsy wow 17 great age, i used to have 14 cats all siamese and orientals mad cat lady, then had my son...and they all had to be put sleep  minus 2 of them still have, the rest had cancer and kidney desease..miss them like crazy...nice to chat about something else to go off topic...319.JPGPICT0686.JPG

Message 54 of 93

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
So hi again @Anonymous any further news on this awful saga?

Have you found out why the phone was barred, more importantly, is it sorted?

I'm really hoping that you're sorted!?!

Charlie xx
Message 55 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Any news?Is it sorted now?

Message 56 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your concern, well the phone bar will not be lifted, its the imei that is barred not my sim so I am still using my current number in an old phone that I can not get on with, but least I have a phone, its the history of the phone, I have contacted the ceo  office of o2 , and had lots of help and support,I must say o2 have been very helpful, but the phone is barred for life by the looks of it, have contacted the seller, he seems shocked and has confirmed he has not made any insurance claim, but the phone is  under investigations fraud team..the seller is contacting his supplier, the phone was part of a stock clearance, so its another waiting game, will keep you posted..it looks like he is working with me at this present time, but I also have been in contact with my credit card company, they said I am illegible to claim for a chargeback up to 2 years, so see how it goes, and that will have to be plan b, if I have no joy with seller..Ebay were a waste of time, infact all they did was insult me and as for paypal well, as much use as a chocolate tea pot nothing but time scales have lapsed ..will keep you posted

Message 57 of 93

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

So someone has asked for this imei to be barred and given the history it's either down to the seller or the stock cleaners. Hope you get some joy from the card company as I don't think you will get any from the seller at all. One of the reasons that I would never buy a phone from eBay. 

Message 58 of 93

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Mmmmmm...I did post my opinion (post 46) when you uploaded that status picture @Anonymous.... Perhaps this is a newish scam? Get a load of phones...sell them on Ebay and THEN after the time has run out for return or reporting...the seller slams in an insurance claim?....it is the only reason I can think that it has happened to a phone that was 'working' ok?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous

I'm sorry I couldn't warn you , but when I saw the telephone number you were given to call and what CS said about the bar had a feeling this might happened...

I've seen that type of bar a few years back when a courier's depot was broken into and all the phones stolen....As for the stock clearance...was it really???And the ebay sellers always act shocked, by the way...

At least you can claim it on your card,so not all is lost slight_smile

Message 60 of 93