cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone is barred but by who and why ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

started just over 24 hrs ago, went to use phone silly little icon on bar signal top left hand side. So checked on line, said that there was a mast in my postcode area down...ok... So went to local o2 shop, had it looked at said no nothing to do with Mast, its faulty, tried sims its faulty..cam home, chatted to guro online, said its not faulty its the mast...............now perplexed....been using it 13 months trouble free

Ok so next morning, still no signal cant txt or rings or incoming .......so go into o2 shop again, ask if anyone else has a problem locally as my hubby, father in law, son  and friends in the same postcode, have no problems just me....so they delve deeper, had my phone from new, pay as you go, in credit and just topped up on the 17th, why oh why the clanger wait for it, it has a bar on it?????hmm now Im getting stressed, headache in a busy shop, so the chap helping, rings up somewhere explains,  then ask a few questions via me, then get the clear to say they will lift the bar, as there is no reason or code I guess reading on other posts, its not reported stolen or lost,  I have had it from new in a sealed box, so why oh why i am having this to deal with I do not know. Just had a chat with another Guro online, I want answers....told it could take up to 24 hrs, I guess for someone to flip a switch,I want to know why my phone is barred,been with o2 for donkeys years is it human error wrong digit put in the system...told to ring 08448471420 they will lift the bar, but I dont want to ring this number costs too much with tiscali.but I was told today in the shop it was lifted wait and turn my phone on and off, ok its not 24 hrs yet but I need my phone yesterday, my sons school if they need to get me in an emergency they cant now ....this is really annoying now....why me.............

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I said @Anonymous the only way to know is to speak to the team that barred it... these are just guesses....

Message 41 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes just going to have to sit this one out..................grrr

Message 42 of 93

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The inference that I am getting is that the phone is connected to fraudulent use.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Blimey I go away for a couple of hours and look at the changes to this thread......So the phone was bought from Ebay 14 months ago......and then suddenly in June gets blocked/barred whatever....Completely different perspective now...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

checkmend.jpg

Message 45 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Looks like you unknowingly bought yourself a bundle of trouble with that damn phone @Anonymous...God what a nightmare...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone was brand new,and with the security seal still intact have never used my phone for anything illegal, I am a house wife, a simple life, bought a phone 14 months ago,  now all this is now like something from a very far fetched movie you would watch, there is nothing dodgy about me, the checks I have made are clear of any fraud , or anything that would get a flag up on my phone on its history, this is not happening to me...it all seems so unreal...I came on here for help and advice, and if you were in my shoes then perhaps things would be different, its the waiting thats bugging me, and the fact this is happening at all..thanks for the input so far..so the people who have helped ...and advised.....

Message 47 of 93

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You have our sympathy, from everyone on here, but it is a risk when buying from ebay unfortunately.
No one is suggesting it's you that is dodgy at all but we've seen it literally hundreds of times with phones from ebay.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 48 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You have our sympathy, from everyone on here, but it is a risk when buying from ebay unfortunately.
No one is suggesting it's you that is dodgy at all but we've seen it literally hundreds of times with phones from ebay.

Totally support that comment from @MI5. No one is suggesting you are at fault. That was evident to us from the outset.  One of my family members had a similar bad experience with a phone bought from Ebay last year...so I really feel for you. He was lucky enough to get his money refunded....but he only had it for 4 weeks before it locked out...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know and it means lot all the support, and thanks very much for it, but its the waiting game, just want Tuesday to come around so I know what I am against, I am itching to contact  the seller ebay and paypal, but in limbo at the moment...been a member on ebay for 13 years, its like wishing your life away, And thanks again will keep you all updated and the outcome thanks...now i am switching off this in my head its taking over, I at least have my old phone working now, so thats half the battle...

Message 50 of 93