cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone is barred but by who and why ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

started just over 24 hrs ago, went to use phone silly little icon on bar signal top left hand side. So checked on line, said that there was a mast in my postcode area down...ok... So went to local o2 shop, had it looked at said no nothing to do with Mast, its faulty, tried sims its faulty..cam home, chatted to guro online, said its not faulty its the mast...............now perplexed....been using it 13 months trouble free

Ok so next morning, still no signal cant txt or rings or incoming .......so go into o2 shop again, ask if anyone else has a problem locally as my hubby, father in law, son  and friends in the same postcode, have no problems just me....so they delve deeper, had my phone from new, pay as you go, in credit and just topped up on the 17th, why oh why the clanger wait for it, it has a bar on it?????hmm now Im getting stressed, headache in a busy shop, so the chap helping, rings up somewhere explains,  then ask a few questions via me, then get the clear to say they will lift the bar, as there is no reason or code I guess reading on other posts, its not reported stolen or lost,  I have had it from new in a sealed box, so why oh why i am having this to deal with I do not know. Just had a chat with another Guro online, I want answers....told it could take up to 24 hrs, I guess for someone to flip a switch,I want to know why my phone is barred,been with o2 for donkeys years is it human error wrong digit put in the system...told to ring 08448471420 they will lift the bar, but I dont want to ring this number costs too much with tiscali.but I was told today in the shop it was lifted wait and turn my phone on and off, ok its not 24 hrs yet but I need my phone yesterday, my sons school if they need to get me in an emergency they cant now ....this is really annoying now....why me.............

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I just wonder if the phone has gone faulty?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable
No its not faulty, it has a bar on it, that makes it useless.I now have a phone, ok it my old 620 and like going back to the dark ages, instead of my 1020 that I paid £295 , but I can now go out in the wk whilst my son is at school and the school and hubby can contact me...so the heat is off a little, but there are still questions to be answered...
Message 32 of 93

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

If that's the case why have they said there is a bar on the phone and if it was a lost/stolen bar added in error then surely the sim would have been blocked. I wonder if the seller has put in a belated insurance claim.

Message 33 of 93

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I thought that but over 12 months ago, seems weird.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

you must be reading my mind @jonsie.... wink

Would you be able to check if the seller is still active on ebay @Anonymous?

Message 35 of 93

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Or maybe the original owner had it as an upgrade and has now stopped paying their bill, so o2 have restricted the phone that was on their account originally?

Currently using:
Message 36 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not procedure @MI5, any restrictions would have gone on the current handset but O2 wouldn't do it anyway, it just goes to court.

Based on what the OP has said and the number she was given to call, whatever the reason, the phone is to "blame". If it was something to do with lost/stolen/usage,etc...the bars would have been placed on her number. This is a handset bar, just not a lost and stolen....

Message 37 of 93

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
So why would o2 just bar a handset?
I mean what, other than lost or stolen, would require a handset bar?

Currently using:
Message 38 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lot's of things, with insurance fraud being the most "popular"... It can be a scam that the ebay seller was involved with and somehow this Imei was listed as belonging to him....just guessing....only the department can give the OP the reason why.... based on what the OP said several requests for the bars to be removed have been made and none were actioned...That means they will either only lift them when the speak to her or they will not lift them....

Message 39 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

The seller is still on ebay, and has no negative feedback, the phone was in the box when I got it, the seal was unbroken...the check mend report as follows..

Ever blocked caution

currently blocked

lost clear

stolen clear

insurance claim clear

possible counterfeit clear

registered owner  clear

possibleclone clear

contract status  clear

stockwatch  clear

fraudwatch clear

warrenty clear   

finance clear

why is this happening to me..............??thanks for all your input, all my family are o2 so if this does not get resolved soon, then i will be having words with them, as I was the one who got them on to o2...feel very let down...............

Message 40 of 93