cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone is barred but by who and why ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

started just over 24 hrs ago, went to use phone silly little icon on bar signal top left hand side. So checked on line, said that there was a mast in my postcode area down...ok... So went to local o2 shop, had it looked at said no nothing to do with Mast, its faulty, tried sims its faulty..cam home, chatted to guro online, said its not faulty its the mast...............now perplexed....been using it 13 months trouble free

Ok so next morning, still no signal cant txt or rings or incoming .......so go into o2 shop again, ask if anyone else has a problem locally as my hubby, father in law, son  and friends in the same postcode, have no problems just me....so they delve deeper, had my phone from new, pay as you go, in credit and just topped up on the 17th, why oh why the clanger wait for it, it has a bar on it?????hmm now Im getting stressed, headache in a busy shop, so the chap helping, rings up somewhere explains,  then ask a few questions via me, then get the clear to say they will lift the bar, as there is no reason or code I guess reading on other posts, its not reported stolen or lost,  I have had it from new in a sealed box, so why oh why i am having this to deal with I do not know. Just had a chat with another Guro online, I want answers....told it could take up to 24 hrs, I guess for someone to flip a switch,I want to know why my phone is barred,been with o2 for donkeys years is it human error wrong digit put in the system...told to ring 08448471420 they will lift the bar, but I dont want to ring this number costs too much with tiscali.but I was told today in the shop it was lifted wait and turn my phone on and off, ok its not 24 hrs yet but I need my phone yesterday, my sons school if they need to get me in an emergency they cant now ....this is really annoying now....why me.............

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good luck getting this resolved. 

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 81 of 93

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's one of the biggest scams out there unfortunately. Get paid from you and from the insurance company after a suitable time period.

Good luck with your card company slight_frown

Message 82 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I know this is a bad experience @Anonymous but I can't agree with your comments about Ebay not caring. My husband had a similar issue with a scam seller. He contacted Ebay and Paypal. Paypal recovered our money from the sellers account and Ebay banned him. He is no longer trading (not under that name anyway)

Hateful shysters... acamming innocent people.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 83 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am very glad yourhusband got his money back, he was very lucky, but my personal experience there is no happy ending, well not yet, as its still on going as far as I am concerned. I have chatted to lots of people in the same boat as me going through this same ordeal , who have not been so fortunate to have justice, and I have now wrote to ebays Ceo, see where this gets me. Its bad enough this happening full stop, but to have the seller promise me for one month of communicating that he would replace my phone then when in comes down to it, go's  back on his word , is not on. Still not heard from  my credit company hopefully soon, but I am trying my best to, and even if the seller can get a black mark, then all this will be worth it...I have now followed up on the feedback I left to warn other people not to buy a phone from him...will keep you posted....I am like a dog with a bone my husband says..., ok my hair is falling out in clumps just as well I have thick hair, and sleeping at the moment is a pipe dream, ok its just a phone,  I bought a new phone today, nothing like my nokia 1020 but its progress...there is light at the end of the tunnel its just the principle of this, and if you don't shout loud enough you don't get heard...that's my spin on it  anyway...

Message 84 of 93

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
True. You gotta fight for what's right these days....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 85 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I agree @Anonymous you really have to fight for justice on this one. Maybe my husband was lucky ...who knows....but obviously I can only speak from personal experience.

This business of mobile phone scams is on the increase and it really does not pay to buy from places like Ebay nowadays. I wish you all the best with this.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 86 of 93

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 87 of 93

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous any final outcome on this yet?

Message 88 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fabulous news after 2 months of hassle and tears, my phone is "Drum Roll" back on unbarred........the last 10 days I have chased up the credit card company that came back a NO.... then I emailed the vice president of ebay , they are doing there investigations. Then out of the blue no contact from the seller a email this evening can I confirm my phone has a signal, took the sim card out of a new cheap phone have bought, put it in the 1020 and  guess what he presto its got a signal, send txt and ring out and recieve calls. I am over the moon and so happy. I have emailed the seller told him its working and thanked him, but requested to have some anwers to why this has happened, its been hell, all the phone calls, emails , letter and worry, but i need answers all the same as I need to let ebay know, and need reasurring that this will not happen again.There are happy endings after all, just running a bath, and i am going to open that bottle of champayne has for ages in fridge, something good has happened, all my blood sweat and tears have paid off, I will sleep like a baby tonight. Thanks to everyone who commented and offered advice.Bouncy

Message 89 of 93

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions