cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone is barred but by who and why ??

Anonymous
Not applicable

started just over 24 hrs ago, went to use phone silly little icon on bar signal top left hand side. So checked on line, said that there was a mast in my postcode area down...ok... So went to local o2 shop, had it looked at said no nothing to do with Mast, its faulty, tried sims its faulty..cam home, chatted to guro online, said its not faulty its the mast...............now perplexed....been using it 13 months trouble free

Ok so next morning, still no signal cant txt or rings or incoming .......so go into o2 shop again, ask if anyone else has a problem locally as my hubby, father in law, son  and friends in the same postcode, have no problems just me....so they delve deeper, had my phone from new, pay as you go, in credit and just topped up on the 17th, why oh why the clanger wait for it, it has a bar on it?????hmm now Im getting stressed, headache in a busy shop, so the chap helping, rings up somewhere explains,  then ask a few questions via me, then get the clear to say they will lift the bar, as there is no reason or code I guess reading on other posts, its not reported stolen or lost,  I have had it from new in a sealed box, so why oh why i am having this to deal with I do not know. Just had a chat with another Guro online, I want answers....told it could take up to 24 hrs, I guess for someone to flip a switch,I want to know why my phone is barred,been with o2 for donkeys years is it human error wrong digit put in the system...told to ring 08448471420 they will lift the bar, but I dont want to ring this number costs too much with tiscali.but I was told today in the shop it was lifted wait and turn my phone on and off, ok its not 24 hrs yet but I need my phone yesterday, my sons school if they need to get me in an emergency they cant now ....this is really annoying now....why me.............

Message 1 of 93
92 REPLIES 92

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Even so and I am in agreement, but 14 months to bar the phone is crazy.

That's why I think it's a scam...

Message 71 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just dont seem to have no real answers, what type of scam do you think it is?Gone quiet with the seller, no replys to emails today, so as soon as the statements come from the bank I will be claiming for a charge back, this is all new to me, barring of phones never heard of it before, but burnt fingers now, its ok when you know about all these scams its the knowing, dont think will trust a living soul from now on...maybe it was stollen as hubby just read on the net that, 64 gb nokia you can only get from the retailer ie o2...im thinking they were bought cheap, because there was a problem with them, as the saying goes to good to be true...but just shy of £300 pounds for a paperweight ...

Message 72 of 93

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Lesson learnt.
Claim your money back from CC company and move on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 73 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I will just waiting for documentation, then I will file a claim, will let you know how the outcome pans out thanks.

Message 74 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I will just waiting for documentation, then I will file a claim, will let you know how the outcome pans out thanks.

Please keep in touch @Anonymous. We are a friendly bunch on here... available with lots of advice on all manner of things. Anyway the fact you are a cat lover scores highly with me...Bouncy

Best of luck with all of this. I hope there are repercussions for that so called seller as well. Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 75 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Cleo
The seller had responded to my email yesterday, days he is awaiting a response to his inquiries' but I have told him he needs to be prompt because I will leave a follow up comment to my feedback, but not mentioned nothing about a claim.on credit card,as I don't want to alert him my trump card.And thank you everyone for all your support you have all kept me sain

Message 76 of 93

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I can only speak of personal experience regarding Ebay sellers. My husband buys and sells a lot. If you are decent and rely on a good rating to continue trading... in the main they will go the extra mile to help. Their continued business is dependent on customer feedback. Such a pity you are out of the time limit for official complaint. We have found both Ebay and Paypal are excellent if you have a problem within the time set. Either way....We look forward to hearing back from you. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 77 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes eBay and paypal are normally very good she we have had problems in the past and we buy and sell often on it, but I did find them quite condescending this time round, but they have there hands tied and its a desperate situation, I do find it hard to get my head round why someone a seller would trade for 13 years like myself then sabotage there own profile after years of very good reputation, and i must say his emails are very courteous and the fact he is replying, ok he could be just trying to save his own bacon, but I do hope he is not stringing us along, it will all come out in the wash soon...
Message 78 of 93

ay0ub24
  • 19 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You have cats so there is luck flowing all over you.

This is why I always prefer to buy my new phone from somewhere where you know there isn't any problems like this. 

Good luck getting everything sorted. I've never heard of the 2 year chargeback rule before so this is new to me.

Message 79 of 93

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the deadline has past with me giving the seller grace to replace my handset or money back, surprise surprise he back tracked, no replacement or money back, shirking responsibility after a month tellimg me he would replace the phone like for like, pushing this under the carpet, now three days in waiting for outcome from my credit card company to see if my claim for a charge back under Section 75 of The Consumer Credit Act 1974 gives credit card customer's legal rights if there paid for goods or services using their credit card , as I am still in the window of opportunity to do do this cut off point is 540 days, seven working days I should have a outcome, I have exhausted all avenues with the seller, and now have left a follow up on my feedback to warn others. I have also written to some national papers with my saga over the last few months my experiences, this is rife you only need to do a search on google and i am only one victim to this crime....out of  many many more and ebay could not give a fig...would rather support criminals with there fraud..than me...

Message 80 of 93