cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my O2 phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, my name is Karen and I'm new: hoping to get some help with my phone.
I bought my phone from EBay recently and it is locked to o2, so I bought an o2 Sim but it does not work ( I don't want to mess about the first unlocking it as it would cost more than the phone is worth), any advice greatly received. Thanks
Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
SOLVED!!! - It is the Sim Reader there are some metal pins missing from the sim tray (should be 6 and there's only 3). looked in my daughters old phone as it is the same model, should have done that first! - are sim trays easy to swap? - ONLY JOKING!" THANKS

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Hi Karen and welcome slight_smile

What doesn't work?
Are you sure the phone is not barred from the network?
Is the sim card you are using activated, ie can you try it in another phone to see if it works?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Sounds familiar. As said, make sure the sim is OK first and then we can take it there.

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Covering bases. It's not in airplane mode is it?
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

Welcome to the forum.

You can either ring O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG to see if it's blaklisted or use http://www.checkmend.com/uk/

If It is then raise a dispute asap.

Check your local O2 masts via http://status.o2.co.uk

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Thanks everyone for your Replies: I bought an O2 Sim/£10 Voucher but couldn't activate the Sim (my phone says no sim/emergency calls only, I have tried the Sim in another Phone and it worked fine. Also have checked with O2 and my phone is not Barred, and Network Coverage is OK too, so don't know what else to do! Thanks again.
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could be an issue with the phone itself then.

A known or Unknown issue by the seller perhaps.

You could raise a dispute with eBay and PayPal and return the handset / get your funds back.
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If the phone isn't barred it's definitely faulty so send it back to the seller for a refund.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 19

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Could be a damaged sim reader in the phone, certainly not as described so as others have said send the phone back registered post (so they can't deny recieving it back) and raise an eBay dispute.
Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

A sad tale this...and a timely reminder about the pitfalls about buying phones from Ebay.

Up to a couple of years ago (and when I was on PAYG) I bought Motorola Krzrs from Ebay when they no longer stocked them in the UK. I never had a problem. Mind you I had used the seller many times before and they were based in Hong Kong ...add to that the phones were very cheap...

I doubt I would make an expensive phone purchase from Ebay now though...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19