O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
Faithpound

moving to pay monthly

Have been trying to move my pay as you go to contract using the offer but cant get it to work want to move to the £11 a month contract with the HTC explorer. Can you tell me how i can do this as website wont work for me.

Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 210
Kudos: 887
Solutions: 967

Re: moving to pay monthly

which offer?

And is the phone showing as in stock?

2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
ledrlz

o2.co.uk/movetopaymonthly

I have been trying to get this offer aswell but the page just sends you to the o2 home and there is no way to get the phone/tariff in your basket.

Please use plain text.
jimmyred

im having the same problem,think the offer maybe a fake,as even the operators dont seem how to resolve the problem

Please use plain text.
O2 Social Media Team
Paul

Hi there,

Has this been sorted? Sounds a bit strange but we can look into it for you :smileyhappy:

Let us know
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
Davwood

[ Edited ]

Faithpound wrote:

Have been trying to move my pay as you go to contract using the offer but cant get it to work want to move to the £11 a month contract with the HTC explorer. Can you tell me how i can do this as website wont work for me.

I was trying this myself, though had selected a different phone and tariff. If you select e.g. 24 month contract, then you will be able to add it to the basket... If you choose the discounted 12 month contract, the only option is to select that you're on "pay as you go" which just leads you round in a circle.

I spent 45 minutes on live chat, also being led around in a circle, answering the same questions to different reps from different departments, before a chap from "Sales" called Malcolm finally informed me that they're having website issues which will prevent one taking advantage of the offer.

ETA: He suggested that calling the Sales team will enable you to take advantage of the offer.

Please use plain text.
potterdave

I've spent the last half hour trying to get this sorted and also have been going round and round in circles.

Very frustrating. 

Please use plain text.
potterdave

Any update on this situation?

Please use plain text.
Lunotick

[ Edited ]

I've just been experiencing the same broken link for changing from pay and go to pay monthly. Tried with different browsers etc.

I start with the "check now". Enter my mobile number, then the security code they send. Up comes the "buy now" option, click that and get sent to the main shop page, nothing in the basket. If you try and select all the options manually for a phone on that offer link, up comes a "Pay and go" user option which as one of the earlier reply states sends you in a circle back where you started at the "check now" option haha.

Please use plain text.
Davwood

Here's an excerpt from the log of my online chat with them last night (note: Malcolm was the only person who was in any way helpful!):

Malcolm: I'm sorry as we are facing website issues, you won't be able to get the paymonthly 12 months contract deal on website
Malcolm: You can call us up and will order the deal for you

Malcolm: I mentioned a note that you were not able to go on with the order, I'm sorry we should have mentioned it on the website or should have put it under maintenance. Sorry for the trouble you've been through

Please use plain text.