monthy contract time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Time money goes out of bank
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your direct debit is due out on Monday and you have the cash on you them it is likely the direct debit will bounce.

Not the end of the world. If the direct debit does fail then put the money in your account and phone up CS on 202 (free from your contract phone) and pay by debit card. Would recommend you do this straight away as soon as you know payment has failed to avoid a negative mark on your credit file.
Message 11 of 23

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Santander

You have until 4pm to pay money in to avoid charges and clear the direct debit

Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alternatively you could phone Santander today to let them know your issue and see if they can extend you a temporary overdraft facility although this may end up costing you a few £ in back charges. I would go with my earlier post to be honest.
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
So on monday put money straight in my bank and it will go out
Message 14 of 23

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So on monday put money straight in my bank and it will go out

It should do yes

This is from an email I got off Santander when O2 took a direct debit out in error. In my case I let it bounce because it was an error (and was nearly £400) but the email said I had until 4pm on the day it was taken to pay money in to clear it:

"You need to pay cleared funds into your account by 16.00 today, MAY 12. This will allow your payments to proceed and avoid unarranged overdraft fees (if applicable to the product you hold). Details of the unarranged overdraft fees that apply to your product (including Paid Transaction Fees and Unpaid Transaction Fees) can be found on our website.

The easiest way to pay funds into your account quickly is to transfer funds from another Santander account using Santander Online Banking. Alternatively, you can call our Telephone Banking service or, if you are a Personal Banking customer, you can visit a Santander branch and pay cash into your account there. Our branch locator and contact phone numbers can be found on our website."
Message 15 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay thanks I will go the bank at 9am on monday to put the cash in n hopefully I won't get charged
Message 16 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope all goes ok.
Message 17 of 23

davethorp
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay thanks I will go the bank at 9am on monday to put the cash in n hopefully I won't get charged

It should be fine. What you may find is the direct debit doesn't show up in internet banking, although it will show up if you look at your list of direct debits. This should correct at 4pm when they check your balance again and see the money is there. Just don't be fooled into thinking they haven't taken it if the transaction isn't showing on your account in the morning

Message 18 of 23

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous did everything go ok yesterday?

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it did o2 took the money out at 12am but the bank said if payments are not In until 4pm I will be charged so thanks guys I probably would of cancled direct debit if I didn't ask you the questions
Message 20 of 23