cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly to pay&go

Anonymous
Not applicable

im changeing from monthly to pay&go i dont know what im suppose to do to keep my number do i activate the Pay & go topup and then go and change number and do i wait till the monthly is turned off before i do anything, i have a date for change of the 13 th jan

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should've been given a date when your number would be migrated to Pay & Go. On that date when the service stops on your contract top up your P&G sim (dial 4444) to activate it. Put in your contract number (when it asks for the number you wish to top up) You'll know if the migration has completed if it allows you top up, if not, periodically retry throughout the day.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
O2 will do the changeover for you account side and send you a new sim.
Just call CS on 202 (free call from your O2 phone).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have already contacted O2 they have sent a sim "simplicity one", i wanted pay & go go go, but i dont know what i do on the day, does the monthly just stop working, then i put my pay and go sim in, and top up, the go to change number, or change number over first then top up. also could i use another pay and go sim that Is "Pay & Go Go Go"

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should've been given a date when your number would be migrated to Pay & Go. On that date when the service stops on your contract top up your P&G sim (dial 4444) to activate it. Put in your contract number (when it asks for the number you wish to top up) You'll know if the migration has completed if it allows you top up, if not, periodically retry throughout the day.

Message 5 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i have already contacted O2 they have sent a sim "simplicity one", i wanted pay & go go go, but i dont know what i do on the day, does the monthly just stop working, then i put my pay and go sim in, and top up, the go to change number, or change number over first then top up. also could i use another pay and go sim that Is "Pay & Go Go Go"

I was sent a pay and go go go sim and I changed it to a simplicity sim so I think maybe the same goes for your situation as you want it the other way round. In my experience, the sims tend to be generic and the tariff can be changed on them no matter what the sim is called.

As long as your account has definitely changed to PAYG and you have a PAYG sim then I don't think there is a problem.

Log in to My O2 and click on the option to change your tariff and find the pay and go go go tariff that you want to use (3G or 4G) and select it and it will say if you can get it and when it will start.  I would advise not topping up until you have swapped the tariff over (or if you have topped up, do not use the credit) otherwise your credit may be taken and you will have to top up again to activate the new tariff.

Alternatively, you can go to your local O2 store and get a blank PAYG sim card and that will be free from any tariff until you swap the number over.

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Simplicity and PAYG require different SIM's as the default info stored on the sim cards is different (apn's, message centre numbers etc).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
so can I us the pay & go go go sim that I sent for or do I need to use the one they sent.

Thanks for everyone help
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you want pay as you go go go you should use that sim card.
If your number moves to the simplicity sim (the one sent by O2) just use the simswop form to switch to the correct sim card.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Simplicity and PAYG require different SIM's as the default info stored on the sim cards is different (apn's, message centre numbers etc).

Apologies for the incorrect information - thank you for correcting me MI5

Message 10 of 11