cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there my mobile data allowance keeps getting taken even when I'm using wifi at home.
Can you please let me know if any of you are having the same problem as me thanks Glenda
Message 1 of 32
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It's probably a good idea to just get in the habit of switching off Mobile Data when you don't need it. No sense in wasting what you've paid for and having to fill O2's coffers to top up, should you run out of data before your monthly allowance refreshes and you find need more.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 23 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Make sure you turn off mobile data when connected to wifi because if your wifi doesn't stay connected always the phone will revert to mobile data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 32

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Dependant on your type of phone, if you go into advanced wifi settings you can set wifi to never sleep.

Message 3 of 32

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Dependant on your type of phone, if you go into advanced wifi settings you can set wifi to never sleep.

If you have an iPhone, this option isn't available unless you keep it on charge all the time, so definately turn off mobile data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 32

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you don't turn your Mobile Data off your phone will go to it if you aren't in range of your home WiFi signal. If you only have a small amount of data on your tariff, it's always best to keep it switched off until you need it. You can find an on/off box to tick for Mobile Data in your Settings.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 32

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes I did state dependent on type of phone. iPhones are the main exception so yes, switch off mobile data at home to prevent charges.

Message 6 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you feel data has been taken incorrectly then ring Customer Services and they'll check for you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
My mobile data is off at all times when using wifi that's what I don't understand.
Message 8 of 32

MI5
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What phone are you using as it's possible that wifi is disconnecting when you lock the screen, as we've mentioned above....?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your sure you've turned mobile data off in your phones settings then speak to customer service. slight_smile
Message 10 of 32