cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lower tarriff

Anonymous
Not applicable
My contract isnt up till may next year, a while ago i upped my tarriff to cost £45 PM but now dont use it like i should. Can i drop it?if so how? I spoke to o2 they wernt very helpfull but never said once its upped it cant be lowerd!! Please help
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Login into your My O2 and go to change tariff and it will give you your options.
I don't believe you can drop down though anymore.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Login into your My O2 and go to change tariff and it will give you your options.
I don't believe you can drop down though anymore.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can drop it down but only to the original tariff you signed up for if it doesn't show in my O2 call customer services to do it I have done it myself so know you can slight_smile
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 ...This is a similar question to the one I have been wanting to ask..... If you choose a tariff at the start of a contract  are you not allowed to drop it if it doesn't suit?

I am shortly due for an upgrade and have worried about this same thing?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
No you can't drop it if it doesn't suit the only reason the op can drop it is because they signed up to a certain tarriff then increased it so they are entitled to go back to what they signed up for
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys.

I was under the impression a person could not drop in tariff to reduce the monthly amount ,or go back to an original tariff if it was no longer available.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought you could drop if you were on a refresh tariff?
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Perhaps we need some official input from a staff member here as there seems to be a lot of confusion.

The OP has been told that they cannot reduce the tariff but I would suggest they contact customer service again and explain the situation.

Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Perhaps we need some official input from a staff member here as there seems to be a lot of confusion.

The OP has been told that they cannot reduce the tariff but I would suggest they contact customer service again and explain the situation.

Agree @jonsie  I know I am not the OP but having asked a question on this thread which is pertinent to me, I am getting more and more confused....(doesn't take much to confuse me LOL)

Some clarification from O2 would help...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can drop to the original tarriff as long as it's available if it's not you can drop to one that costs the same as the one you signed the contract for but no lower than that
Message 10 of 14