cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lied to repeatedly by O2 staff

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took out a new contract over a year ago and asked ifiI would be able to lower the tariff after a certain amount of of time. I was told yes after 12 months this would be done for me. I made a point of going into store to continually ask if I could still do this during the 12 months. When the time arrived O2 store Crewe told me that I wouldn't be allowed to do this as contracts had changed and this was no longer done by O2. I rang customer services and explained my situation and they told me I needed to sort it in store as they had sold me the contract initially. So I went in store and spike to the assistant manager who arranged to have a copy if my contract sent in so he could look at it and arranged to call me when he received it. The following week I went back to store and the assistant manager was on his dinner break so an assistant brought the contract out with a message of 'nothing he could do'. Understandably angry I rang customer services and spoke to a call centre who agreed I had been wrongly treated and he would call the store the following morning to speak to them then call us back. Needless to say I received no phone call the following day so called back....again. This time I spoke to someone called Kurt who seemed very helpful and after confirming various details lowered the tariff. At this point I was very happy and was arranging an upgrade with O2. The night before I decided to check my tarrif on the phone and it remained the same as it had always been. Once again I called O2 and asked why it hadn't been actioned. I got told 'we don't lower tariffs, nothing I can do' I explained the following phone calls and they replayed they had no notes on the system with regards these calls so it was like they'd never happened! I was put through to an escalation assistant who was very unhelpful towards all the issues and seemed unwilling to help just kept saying 'nothing u can do' finally she agreed to go listen to the phone conversations I had with the various call agents and call me back hopefully within the hour, I am currently waiting this call. I find the customer service within this company a disgrace and how it blames the Customer is disgusting and hope that someone rectifys it
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Please let us know how this pans out.

O2 did introduce a no lower tariff policy on contracts taken out after March 12.

You may want to put this to o2 via the official complaint form if you have not already.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...

Or

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As above, any contracts taken after March 2012 cannot be lowered. It would have been in your T&C's and unless you were given an older version of the T&C's I'm afraid you are stuck with paying what you agreed to each month until the end.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly34

Did you get your callback ?

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, tariff has been lowered and a couple of £5 bonus off my other tariffs,
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable