cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keep contract and switch the number to my payg number and give my old no to different network

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two pay as you go and one pay monthly I would like to use one of the pay as you go number for my pay monthly account and give my current may monthly number to my daughter who is on a different network to O2. Please explain if this can be done and how I can go about doing this online. Thank you

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

will i be able to get a completely new number for the pay monthly and give the current number to the other network, or will I still have to end the pay monthly contract, to give the number to another network. Thank you for your kind help.

Yes, but you still have to pay to the end of the contract.

Cheaper to wait until contract ends to do it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous

You cannot add other numbers to existing pay monthly accounts, so I'm afraid you would just have to transfer the pay and go to pay monthly,creating a new account, and get a pac code for the number on pay monthly to be able to transfer the number to a different network . Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to use one of the pay as you go number for my pay monthly account and give my current may monthly number to my daughter who is on a different network 

No, not possible unless your monthly contract is up?

Transferring your contract number will end the account immediately so you would then have to start a new contract which you could then transfer your PAYG number to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Obviously there would be termination fees too so it depends just how far you are into your contract to decide if this is a viable proposition for you.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

will i be able to get a completely new number for the pay monthly and give the current number to the other network, or will I still have to end the pay monthly contract, to give the number to another network. Thank you for your kind help.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your kind help.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, but you still have to pay to the end of the contract.

Cheaper to wait until contract ends to do it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you use the Pac code that terminates your contract, so no notice is necessary, but as mentioned by all others, make sure you are out of contract before you do that or you will get an early cancellation fee.

As for the pay and go, if you just want to turn it into a contract without getting a new phone, you just need to ring customer services and they will arrange it for you. If you are getting a new phone, just buy it as a new contract and ask for the pay and go number to be transferred on to it.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much I think I will wait until the contract ends.  Kindest regards

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
No worries mate.
It saves throwing money away.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10