cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 Plus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally fed up and at my wits end. I recently upgraded on refresh to iphone 6 plus, but I think with the excitement of this phone being realeased and me wanting it to be delivered on the 19th I kind of missed the point of what I was doing. The signal I have with 02 is quite atrocious, I never get a signal and home and is quite poor everywhere else if I'm honest. So I'm sat here asking myself, do I really want to be paying them £45pm for the next two years? No is the answer, so I'm cancelled my iphone, requested my £269 back and I will just pay the original £10pm contract which ends in march and throw this sim away and pray this awful experience with this company ends soon. Can anyone tell me what EE is like as a network, maybe a payg sim Yes? I've decided to purchase the iPhone 6 plus 64gb space grey outright from apple, so need some advice on a decent network.

Rant over
Thanks for reading
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to try all the network payg sims where you live , work and commute.

Then the ones that give good signal look at their payg tariffs and go from there.

You can PAC code your number from O2 to another network even in payg.

PAC help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...

Generic tips for network issues http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...
Message 2 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If the signal is good in your area, work and normal habitat you should be fine. Customer service is probably on a par with O2 depending on your point of view.

Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which network is better really depends where you are.

I was on t-mobile before porting to O2 and i SERIOUSLY cannot wait so i can move to another network.

I wouldn't trust any of the networks own coverage testers on their websites but use an independant one.

Message 4 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome. slight_smile
Message 6 of 24

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really don't think it's fair paying for the rest of my contract either, yes it's only £10pm but 02 are not providing me with the service I'm paying for. But hey, it's not worth fighting them for £50 odd quid, like I said, I will just keep the direct debits leaving my account until March and put the SIM card I the bin today, it's literally useless to me right now.
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you give notice to end your contract either with asking for a PAC code to keep your number or giving them notice.

If you don't it will drop onto a 30 day rolling contract.

You could look at o2's Tugo App if you have wifi at home so you can use your allowances.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
Message 9 of 24

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would have made a written complaint and fought to leave the contract without penalty or at least get some form of goodwill gesture from them. But as you say with your tariff and the little time left, it's debateable whether it's worth the trouble and stress.

Message 10 of 24