cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet wont work since porting number

Anonymous
Not applicable

my internet doesnt work ever since porting my number over from tesco, the first day the sim turned up with a new number and everything was brilliant, really fast speeds, but since porting when opening apps is says im not connected to the internet, and only google searches will work on browsers, when i try to go on a page it tells me im not connected.

customer service has been horrendous, they dont know whats wrong, ive been told to turn phone off and on, give the sim a wipe, change the sim which didnt work, im surprised they havent told me to stand on my head and wave my legs around for a bit.

i also asked for the parental control to be taken off 5 days ago, they said yes and i will receive a text in 24 hours, didnt happen, asked again 2 days ago, didnt happen, went into store yesterday, girl couldnt do it, phoned up today and they said theyve done it again and it will be sorted but dont know when. i was told i would get a phone call today regarding internet problems, received nothing.

phoned up three times today to ask for a manager and they say he is in a meeting and will call me back, he's currently been in a meeting for over 4 hours now.

i heard bad things about o2 but i never expected this.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry MI5 I'm not ignoring you I just need to wait till I have time to ring them
Message 11 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No worries mate....
Hope it sorts you out and be sure to let us know slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
lady says the bolt on is correct. asked again for parental control to be removed, 6th request in 5 days now. haven't heard back from manager I spoke to yesterday, claiming to be called charne jefta, gave me her email but she hasn't replied. been on hold for 20 minutes now whilst waiting for another manager.

this is all really strange. it's like they don't want me as a manager
Message 13 of 29

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If she has just corrected the bolt on it won't update until the systems run the updates around midnight tonight.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
she said it was correct. no need to correct it. still on phone call now for 40 mind. 30 mind of that have been on hold
Message 15 of 29

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Did you check if the 4g bolt on was enabled too?

Currently using:
Message 16 of 29

jonsie
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There is an obvious problem on your account but it is definitely not AV . 

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just asked if the data bolt on was correct, she said it is, I asked her to check 3 times. wow, she put me on hold and now the other rep is back and said the manager is now dealing with another customer and would I like a call back, they don't call back so I'm holding.

regular rep has now come back and said the manager is now in a meeting
this is unbelievable
Message 18 of 29

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If you haven't guessed by now.... there are no managers wink

Currently using:
Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeh that's pretty obvious. the reps just pass the phone around. spoke to a different 'manager' she is claiming to now take full ownership of the case and is passing me to a guru. once that is done she will be ringing me at 4.30.

lolz
Message 20 of 29