cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet wont work since porting number

Anonymous
Not applicable

my internet doesnt work ever since porting my number over from tesco, the first day the sim turned up with a new number and everything was brilliant, really fast speeds, but since porting when opening apps is says im not connected to the internet, and only google searches will work on browsers, when i try to go on a page it tells me im not connected.

customer service has been horrendous, they dont know whats wrong, ive been told to turn phone off and on, give the sim a wipe, change the sim which didnt work, im surprised they havent told me to stand on my head and wave my legs around for a bit.

i also asked for the parental control to be taken off 5 days ago, they said yes and i will receive a text in 24 hours, didnt happen, asked again 2 days ago, didnt happen, went into store yesterday, girl couldnt do it, phoned up today and they said theyve done it again and it will be sorted but dont know when. i was told i would get a phone call today regarding internet problems, received nothing.

phoned up three times today to ask for a manager and they say he is in a meeting and will call me back, he's currently been in a meeting for over 4 hours now.

i heard bad things about o2 but i never expected this.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, we can confirm that CS is appalling and I'd go back to Tesco if I was you, however, as you are here now, you probably have the wrong data bolt on on your account - they have most likely put you on a Blackberry bolt on as this is the most common mess up they make.
Call CS again and ask them to check the data bolt on and if it's wrong, when they change it, they need to press "save" at the bottom of the screen wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

it was working fine on the first day though, its just since the port the next day, so it cant be that.

i can browse o2 website and cbeebies but everything else is saying 'cannot connect to page, try checking your connection'. and other pages block access and display the parental control thing.

i can also browse o2 priority app but it doesnt display pictures. it displays pictures on wifi though.

im still within the 14 day cooling off period luckily.

cant connect to bt sport app, bbc iplayer, itv hub, deezer etc. but can access outlook and o2 apps

Message 3 of 29

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Ok, let us know when you figure it out.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 29

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Go to the o2 help pages and it will guide you on your to manually set up the apn. I had to do this after changing numbers on my daughters motto
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 29

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Have you tried texting ACTIVE to 2020, save the settings and reboot the phone?

...but you really do need to check what data bolt on you have.

Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done the settings manually many times. I've connected to a different network then back to o2, nothing fixes.

a lady at o2 now thinks it is to do with parental block which I've asked 5 times to be removed, but I don't see why that would make a page display "check your connection' message. she is supposed to be lifting the bar and getting back to me today. not holding my breath.

If this doesn't work I guess I'll ask about the bolt on, just weird it worked fine before the port.
Message 7 of 29

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

90% of problems are because they put the wrong bolt on when upgrading or porting. Personally I would call again and ask them to check, change it and press save. I guarantee its not age restriction issues.

Message 8 of 29

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I've given the reason why. It's up to the OP if they choose to take advice or not.......

Currently using:
Message 9 of 29

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes but I'm trying to convince him to call now rather than wait for the nonsensical age restriction reason.

Message 10 of 29