cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet access

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. Please can you help me. I can access the internet, facebook etc at home via wifi connection but I cannot outside the home. I recently put a basic web bolt on assuming I would get the internet access outside of home but it didnt let me access at all. Ive tried almost everything in my phone. My number is (edited) if that helps to get the internet. Thanks

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Text the word "active" to 2020 and then save the settings that get text back to you. Re start the phone, make sure you have Mobile Data turned on and try internet access again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi you should remove your number this is a public forum which phone do you have is mobile data switched on?
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Text the word "active" to 2020 and then save the settings that get text back to you. Re start the phone, make sure you have Mobile Data turned on and try internet access again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Check that any airplane toggle is not set to on which disables data use.

Also check your mast status is ok for data.

Input your full postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk

A self help thread.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

If all else fails speak to Cs

Contract 202
Payg 4445

Or live chat.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

To have your account checked.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect you may have the wrong data bolt on an iphone one for a non iphone or the other way around
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Sorry I don't know where else to post -- Does anyone know if it costs me to use wifi abroad? I've just gotten a rather large phone bill and I'm confused as to why this is...

Any help would be so appreciated, thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Wifi is always free unless the hotel/bar etc make a charge but this wouldn't appear on your phone bill. Look in My O2 for a breakdown of the charges.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you turned off your mobile data in the phones settings and used wifi then you should not have accrued costs.

However if you didn't then some phones auto switch from wifi back to mobile data when it goes to sleep as a battery saving feature.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
A full breakdown of all costs will be in my O2 once you have logged in wifi is not charged normally even if the hotel etc charges that would be something you pay them nothing to do with O2
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you turn your phone off at all whilst you were away?

If you switched data off and then later turned your handset off when you turn it back on again the data will automatically turn on again.
Message 10 of 13