O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Level 1: Joiner
kirsty1st2

inactive sim?

my phone has been working fine all day untill a few hours ago when it bleeped and it came up on screen inactive sim!! i did all the usual stuff switch off etc took sim out and put back in but its just the same, i've no idea what this means. can anyone help is it the phone or the sim card please
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 168
Solutions: 1,868

Re: inactive sim?

Have you been able to try your simcard in another O2 or unlocked phone? That will tell you if it's the phone or sim.
Or is there a possibility that there is a problem with your account, direct debit or other payment problem? You would need to check that with customer service.
Please use plain text.
kirsty1st2

i've checked my account and its all fine. i don't have another phone to try it in think i'll head into o2 shop tomorrow and ask.
thanks for your reply.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 168
Solutions: 1,868

Good idea, at least they can narrow it down to the phone or the sim for you. Hope it's the sim.
Good luck
Please use plain text.
rdonald04

The same thing has happened to my phone - did your sim reactivate in the end?
Please use plain text.
Level 9: Fired up
Beaufighter

One relatively minor point for anyone in a similar situation. When you are doing the remove sim and reboot thing, DO NOT turn the phone off first. It must be turned on when the battery comes out for this to be effective.
With phone ON - remove battery - remove sim ( and wipe contact with a soft dry cloth) - replace sim and battery - restart phone.
That is te correct sequence and cs will always ask you to try it as is resolves about 95% of sim and service issues, so you might as well do it before calling them. Then you might not need to call at all.
Please use plain text.