O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

SAP
Level 1: Joiner
SAP

iPhone stolen but not insured?

Hi.

So basically my phone vanished today, I know it sounds weird, how can a phone just disappear like that but hey it's true. I tried looking for it everywhere and called it a few times to see if I can hear it but no. Then after a short time some guys answered it, then I checked my o2 online account to see if there was any activity and noticed that those people had been making international calls using my phone.

I'll be honest I didn't think this was possible because I had a pin code on my phone and I also thought that my sim card slot can't be accessed without my iPhone key as soon as I found out my phone's being used I rang o2 and they blocked the sim. I only got my contract on the 6th of June this year, now i'm stuck with paying £40 a month for 2 years and no iPhone :smileysad: o2 are saying there's nothing I can do, I also have to pay for those international calls.

Really upset.
Please use plain text.
Meh
Level 4: Observant
Meh

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. The insurance is there to cover you for what happened but you chose not to take it out. They'll cover the cost of calls made after you reported the phone missing to them, but that's all. Sorry.
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
davieblueeyedbo

If you have house insurance you may be able to claim. You need to report it stolen and get a crime reference number from the police. People often do not think about claiming on their house insurance but 7 out of 10 times mobile phones are covered. I think this would definately be your one and only chance to get a replacement.

Good luck
Please use plain text.
SAP
SAP

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. The insurance is there to cover you for what happened but you chose not to take it out. They'll cover the cost of calls made after you reported the phone missing to them, but that's all. Sorry.

Whoever thinks that their brand new iPhone that they've only had for 2 weeks will get lost/stolen? I was just about to get insurance as I had 3 days remaining and it got lost, no one ever expects this and yes it's my own fault I already know that.
Please use plain text.
SAP
SAP

If you have house insurance you may be able to claim. You need to report it stolen and get a crime reference number from the police. People often do not think about claiming on their house insurance but 7 out of 10 times mobile phones are covered. I think this would definately be your one and only chance to get a replacement.
Good luck

Does it make a difference if the item was stolen at the house or not?
Please use plain text.
Level 2: Apprentice
abz1981

we really wont be able to answer that question. only your insurance company can advise you.

Good luck

Does it make a difference if the item was stolen at the house or not?
Please use plain text.