cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 mistakenly locked to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here in desperation as I did something rather silly when I received my iphone 6 from car phone warehouse on Vodafone. As I constantly need to use the number I have,and my old phone was far past it's best, I put my O2 sim into my new iphone 6. BIG mistake I now know...the phone is locked to O2, and after two phone calls to two very helpful O2 operators, two separate unlock requests have been sent but the second one runs out in just a few hours and is looking unsuccessful. Apple can't do anything, although they held a three way conversation with O2 for me to try and help. Vodafone are "looking into it" with no promise of timescale or resolution. Car phone warehouse have suggested that I won't be able to return it (this was apples only solution) under 14 day cooling off period as it isn't in the condition I received it ie; now locked to a different network! Meanwhile the number I need to use has been offline for nearly a week as it was being ported to Vodafone and I need this for my small business as it on flyers, my website, Facebook and Twitter pages, leaflets and advertising!
Can anybody suggest anything to get O2 to unlock this phone as that is by far the easiest option to resolve this mess that admittedly is my own stupid fault? 😞
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Facts first:
Only the network that has applied the sim lock, can unlock it.
O2 will not unlock and iP6 bought from them at the moment unless you pay off full price for the phone.
If bought from elsewhere and you wrongly locked it to O2 you should just need to fill out the unlock form and follow the instructions for contract or PAYG type.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
CPW cannot unlock an iPhone as they do not have a CPW lock.
Voda cannot unlock it as it is not locked to them.
Good luck in explaining your problem to O2 but the only number you can use to talk to them (at first) is 202 for contract, 4445 for PAYG or 8002 for business.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 21