cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to buy a new phone with my number online ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

i want to buy  a new phone on pay as you go but keep my number although its not letting me do so online any help ?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just buy the handset and you can put your existing sim card in it.

If the handset takes a different size sim card to your existing one, just pop into an O2 shop

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just buy the handset and you can put your existing sim card in it.

If the handset takes a different size sim card to your existing one, just pop into an O2 shop

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Carphone Warehouse do some nice offers and offer an upgrade price on O2 payg. Just take your SIM card.

And typically the phones from CPW are unlocked to all networks so no having to wait 12 months before O2 will unlock theirs on payg. (Excluding the iPhone - as their is no waiting time to unlock those apart from the iPhone 6 models )
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

If you do require a different sizes sim card just for info, any O2 HighStreet Store can perform the swap in store or a person can take the SIM card home or request one via O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG. 8002 for Business -> http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Sim Swap link -> http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk
Be sure to ask for an Account Specific Blank SIM card as Contract and Pay As You Go versions hold different information.
The Service will stop on the original SIM card which indicates the swap has started. Turning the phone Off and On , or if applicable switching airplane mode On and Off ,with the new SIM card in every 20 minutes or so will typically help the connection to settle. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the O2 community!

I hope you find the advice useful. See you around!

Message 5 of 5