cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

horrified

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just been on live chat for over 30 mins requesting pac code . To be asked continous questions about new phone that I got and then to have phone hung up. I am upset , distressed to be treated thus wsy and still have no oac cide. Horrible experience.
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry to hear of this awful experience...Live chat have no business asking you additional questions...You want your pac..they should action this

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

Best to ring customer service and leave Live Chat alone

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

That's a truly terrible experience and I can understand you being upset. It should be a simple request but there again nothing surprises me about live chat. If you don't wish to reperat the experience by trying a different chat adviser then I would suggest you calling 202, preferably early morning.

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Give cs a call on 202 tomorrow.... Live chat can be quite a challenge!!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry to hear of this awful experience...Live chat have no business asking you additional questions...You want your pac..they should action this

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/544270#U544270

Best to ring customer service and leave Live Chat alone

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go back to live chat and just say something directly like, "Hello, I would like my PAC code please", and have all of the information they might need, (account numbers, etc), to hand.

Don't enter in to any other conversation that is not relevant to the issue.  Just politely request the PAC, and say that you were told to request it from them.

Message 5 of 14

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It shouldn't be a difficult thimg to do, sometimes though you go round the houses to get what you need.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

a Porting Authorisation Code is a request to leave the network and therefore terminate the agreement or give notice if out of term...

with that inmind I wont believe that they would or could verify your details as account holder to action that. 

i pay for my sisters contract and I would shudder to think if she could request it via a web chat with out me knowing or some else do it on her behalf?!

it has always be a process request over the phone or maybe in writing in signed letter to verify dpa.

best call 202 

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Not factual though @Anonymous 

Although  Live Chat have a poor reputation they are allowed to issue PAC codes to clients. Some members have managed this successfully using live chat.

It didnt work well in this instance for the OP...hence our suggestion that they try ringing Customer Services on 202 in the morning....

No written confirmation is required at any time (as per your suggestion)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Live Chat certainly CAN provide Port Authorisation Codes (PAC). To do so it is necessary to go through some Data Protection questions online. As long as you pass those then the request should be actioned.

As a general rule I won't recommend Live Chat even for PAC codes due to their dreadful record. FYI it ain't much better on Vodafone either.
Message 9 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

If the OP follows the advice to ring Customer Service this morning they should have no problem getting their PAC. It will be sent to their phone via text. As others have said, avoid Live Chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 14