cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello friends

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some thing really very important, i travel outside UK with my new 02 sim never used before.Right now since i cant make or receive calls with it i tried activating whats app application with the mobile number on my phone but to no avail...Its really very important please people here so help me on how to go about it...

Fiona 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I need some thing really very important, i travel outside UK with my new 02 sim never used before.Right now since i cant make or receive calls with it i tried activating whats app application with the mobile number on my phone but to no avail...Its really very important please people here so help me on how to go about it...

Fiona 

It sounds like internation travel is not enabled on your phone so you need to contact CS to get it enabled http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Other options are to download Skype over a WiFi conection and use that (people you are calling or messaging will also need Skype too).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I waited 50 minutes to get through earlier today and 45 minutes yesterday.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Fiona 

It sounds like internation travel is not enabled on your phone so you need to contact CS to get it enabled http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Other options are to download Skype over a WiFi conection and use that (people you are calling or messaging will also need Skype too).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Fiona 

Are you contract or P&G?

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If on a contract would Tugo over wifi be an option ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go Is the O2 Tugo Link.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

TuGo is an option but only if downloaded before leaving the UK as a text message has to be received.

If P&G and you haven't used it you should still get signal but need to top up.

Message 6 of 6