cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first payment/bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i ordered an iPhone 4S for 02 via CW which will be here tomorrow but i don't get payed until the 29th so was wondering, is that ok for me to start using the phone or do i need to wait until then?

i also want to know if i can "cap" my contract so i don't go over when my data etc has run out?

also, new here so hi! slight_smile

Message 1 of 45
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
You can use the phone when you receive it. If the direct debut date is not convenient then ring 02 on 202 to change it.

Your first bill.

For your first O2 bill you are charged for the first couple of days connection, until the billing date, and then one month in advance.

Payment date is always 2 weeks after the billing date.

Your allowances will also be split during the initial few days, so allowances will be devided by 30 days times the number of days until your O2 bill is produced.

On a new account sometimes it takes around 24 hours for things to settle with the My02. If it continues then Customer Service on 202 should be able to help.

No you cannot cap your minutes or texts but your data will simply stop if you use it all up. You can add a bolt on to get more or use wifi until your next anniversary refresh date of your allowances.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
You can use the phone when you receive it. If the direct debut date is not convenient then ring 02 on 202 to change it.

Your first bill.

For your first O2 bill you are charged for the first couple of days connection, until the billing date, and then one month in advance.

Payment date is always 2 weeks after the billing date.

Your allowances will also be split during the initial few days, so allowances will be devided by 30 days times the number of days until your O2 bill is produced.

On a new account sometimes it takes around 24 hours for things to settle with the My02. If it continues then Customer Service on 202 should be able to help.

No you cannot cap your minutes or texts but your data will simply stop if you use it all up. You can add a bolt on to get more or use wifi until your next anniversary refresh date of your allowances.
Message 2 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

great that i can use the phone! slight_smile

so how do i find out the billing date/payment date etc?

was only worried about going over for data so i have no reason to worry as it will just stop?

thank you grin

Message 3 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes just use it.

Yes data will stop and you won't be charged any further unless you add a data bolt on.

You should get all the info through from O2 about your bill and billing info can be found in your MYO2 once you've downloaded the app and set it up. Or ring O2 on 202 and they will clarify your billing cycle.
Message 4 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome, thank you for your help! slight_smile

just one last thing xD

been reading up on MMS charges, if i use whatsapp, will i still be charged for MMS and what will change SMS to MMS?

Message 5 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using what's app will not charge you a mms fee which is 40p from O2.

You can turn off mms sending in he iPhones settings too.

Mms explanation http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...
Message 6 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for all the help! just wanted to make sure i had the info i needed! slight_smile

Message 7 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
To add you can use iMessage to send such messages if the other person has an iPhone. You do need a data connection to receive and send mms messages too.
Message 8 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome and please return if we can help any further.

Enjoy your new phone.

slight_smile
Message 9 of 45

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Don't forget the first days allowances will be very small as it's a pro rata amount for the month so you could, if not careful, go over your calling minutes allowance.
Get the My O2 app or check online to see how much you've got for the first day alone - The second day should kick into full monthly allowance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 45