cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dire call quality on o2.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

i've noticed for ages now, that my call quality from o2 to o2 calls is awful. warbly, bassy, and can be very hard to decipher what the other person is actually saying. what brought this to my attention tonight, was a call i made with Viber, the clarity was excellent. 

is there anything i'm missing here, is there a tweak or something i can do to make normal o2 calls clearer? btw, i live about 50 metres from our local mast.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A sim swap would be the first step.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some phones have a call clarity or noise cancelation setting you could try switching that on or off sometimes you can pick up a dodgy connection to the mast as well
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I think I'd go with a poor connection to the masts.

Has this just started to happen ?

Does this happen at home or everywhere ?

Can you try your sim in another phone and or another sim such as a payg one, as a process of elimination.

If it's a faulty sim your local O2 shop can swap it out for you.

What does your mast Service Status say via your full postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk

Look at the planned maintenance tab at the bottom of that status page too.

Try removing the sim and giving it a clean.

Lots of people across the Uk are experiencing mast congestion at the moment which is something you cannot do anything about at your end.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A sim swap would be the first step.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi ya, if you go to apps and go to my network you can down load an app for free that will give you information about the masts nearest to you.

However just because you live 50m away from your nearest dosent mean that you will get superb call quality every time. sometimes living too close can have the reverse effect because your to close you can jump over the mast as daft as it sounds. I live opposite a cell station and sometimes my call quality is poor this could be due to the reason i have said or it might be at maximum capacity for that time of call.

its god that you was able to use Viber howver try TuGo I have that downloaded on my comp and can make and recive calls as well as text from my laptop its an o2 app and free, try it out and let me know your thougts

Message 5 of 5