cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have gone over my limit on data (not realising i had done this) anyone know how much it will add to my bill or where i can find this info becos it just mentions my extras from last month and i want to know if its costing me loads so to b extra careful? x

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you on contract or P&G? Any charges should be in My O2 but on contract O2 don't charge if you go over your allowance. Your speed is slowed down so as to be almost unusable but there is no charge.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you on contract or P&G? Any charges should be in My O2 but on contract O2 don't charge if you go over your allowance. Your speed is slowed down so as to be almost unusable but there is no charge.

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add...

With a pay monthly contract you can buy a data bolt on to unthrottle the service although take into account any data used over your monthly limit is then automatically deducted from the bolt on purchased.

With PAYG is you go over you will be advised and charged £1 a day for 50mb usage.

Its best to again buy a bolt on if your not near your anniversary date.

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read this thread but am still unclear.

I'm on Pay Monthly, O2 Simplicity 10, at £10.53 per month.

Free minutes 300.

Free texts.

Data quote; "up to 100 MB per day at Standard Rate but capped at £1 per day".

I haven't been using the Data service up to now but hope to start receiving email.

However, I am nervous about running up a bill beyond my normal £10.53 per month.

My question is ;

If I use up to 100 MB in one day, is that set against my 300 free minutes, or is it always

charged on top of my normal voice-call phone bill?

Thanks for any guidance.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
a pay monthly customer won't be charged for going over your data allowance but instead have throttled speeds.

Perhaps you should look in My02 and choose a more suited tariff with a better data bundle or ring 02 on 202
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used quite a bit more data (I get 750 Mb) than normal last month, because I was downloading songs from Amazon and checking my mail every day on my phone.

I know not to now, I can't afford £53 bills.

I am just waiting for my Brother's help to set up wi-fi on my PC at home, but he lives in London, works full time and has 2 young kids.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard there are some really good YouTube tutorial videos showing how to set stuff like that up.

Worth a look !
Message 7 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Mikejac

On that tariff with no data you will be charged £1 a day you use data.

@Richard_allen

You do not get charged for going over your data allowance it is slowed. you can get more as a bolton . I suggest you check what you were charged for

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:
@Anonymous

You do not get charged for going over your data allowance it is slowed. you can get more as a bolton . I suggest you check what you were charged for

That was back in May if I remember correctly Adam and the £53 bill was for calling 118 numbers.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read this thread but am still unclear.

I'm on Pay Monthly, O2 Simplicity 10, at £10.53 per month.

Free minutes 300.

Free texts.

Data quote; "up to 100 MB per day at Standard Rate but capped at £1 per day".

I haven't been using the Data service up to now but hope to start receiving email.

However, I am nervous about running up a bill beyond my normal £10.53 per month.

My question is ;

If I use up to 100 MB in one day, is that set against my 300 free minutes, or is it always

charged on top of my normal voice-call phone bill?

Thanks for any guidance.

On your tariff you will be charged up to £1 a day everyday you use email. Much cheaper to get a data bolt on for £3/£6 a month.

Message 10 of 16