cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit check, address problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to get an O2 contract through the Carphone Warehouse. But they said I have not passed the credit check from O2 because my address is missing in the O2 system. Called the CW, they said they cannot do anything because it is the O2 system. Called O2, they said I should ask the CW to fix it.

Sounds like kicking the ball. I used to with Vodafone and 3, no any problem. Got another number with Orange for my wife, no problem. I've check the Royalmail postcode finder, no problem. My apartment number is 217 and the CW told me it shows from 216, 218,219 but there's no 217. It is obviously that my address is missing in O2 system, no matter who do the credit check for them. 

What should I do now?

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I were you, I'd go into an O2 store with a driving licence or something with my address on it and see if they could sort it out. If they can, you can then go to CPW if you don't want to buy In store.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I were you, I'd go into an O2 store with a driving licence or something with my address on it and see if they could sort it out. If they can, you can then go to CPW if you don't want to buy In store.
Message 2 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144181 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Post code finder is the responsibility of Royal Mail so you could try them for an explanation....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

My money would be on the O2 addess system being out of date, it's reduced to what it was but the number of problems with it was very high a couple of years ago.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144181 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Fair point - What about on other websites such as Insurance quotes etc? Do they have your address on file?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
It all depends on how often these systems sync with the post code address system. So the post office / insurance company may have your address but that doesn't necessarily mean O2 has.

Most customer systems allow new addresses to be added though so I would say you need to prove to O2 that your address exists so they can add it to their system.
Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I agree that. I'll try to speak to the O2 store tomorrow and see how they will sort it out.
Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using Experian for my credit report and the score is high. O2 is using someone called Equifax. Do they exchange all records? That's quite weird that Experian gives me a high score but Equifax cannot even find me?
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, mate. I'll go to both O2 and CPW store to see what they can do.
Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
My advice would be to take your driving licence, passport and several utility bills in your name. Would also be worth taking bank statements as well. If the bank give you an account (and / or a credit card) thenthe address is clearly there.

No guarantees but might just help. Failing that offer to put a deposit down if you can?

Please let us know how you got on.
Message 10 of 29