cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaint about repair centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I ve decided to post a message here to ask for advice. Here is what's happened to my wife's phone - she has Sony xperia z. Recently phone stopped charging so we send it for repair and they call my wife back saying it was a fault of the owner because somebody sat on the phone and this caused a damage to the charging bit.They give her a bill for 70 pounds to fix a phone as they claimed it wasn't under warranty. This phone itself has got  left one year under warranty.We had a similar case with our

tablet from google which had the same issue but when we send it for repair the repair centre fixed it without any charge. As you can see it is a very similar situation but two different outcomes. I am very unhappy i'm refusing to pay anything until i will see are proof saying that somebody sat on my wife's phone and a full diagnostic report.Do you have any other ideas how to proceed further ? thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
And these people are supposed to be repair experts 😞
Message 11 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 12 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

It's obviously too late in this instance, but a basic rule of thumb, when sending off an expensive, and delicate piece of equipment for repair, is to have photographic evidence of what the device looks like before you send it away. It should also be sent in a suitable cushioned package by registered post, and insured during transport. It may cost a little more to do it that way, but it negates any claims by the repairer that the device was received damaged.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good advice.

I use a time date stamped photo app or place the item on that days newspaper. slight_smile
Message 14 of 14