cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaint about repair centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I ve decided to post a message here to ask for advice. Here is what's happened to my wife's phone - she has Sony xperia z. Recently phone stopped charging so we send it for repair and they call my wife back saying it was a fault of the owner because somebody sat on the phone and this caused a damage to the charging bit.They give her a bill for 70 pounds to fix a phone as they claimed it wasn't under warranty. This phone itself has got  left one year under warranty.We had a similar case with our

tablet from google which had the same issue but when we send it for repair the repair centre fixed it without any charge. As you can see it is a very similar situation but two different outcomes. I am very unhappy i'm refusing to pay anything until i will see are proof saying that somebody sat on my wife's phone and a full diagnostic report.Do you have any other ideas how to proceed further ? thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Did you use O2 repairs ?

if so ask for it back with a report of their findings.

And then approach the Manufacturers Uk Support Centre and arrange to send it off to them.

They have a better understanding of their hardware and software and you may get a better resolution that way.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

If they both refuse then follow their complaints procedure.

Finally if no joy check any household insurance and or bank account cover to see if your covered for mobile phone replacement ~ T&C may apply along with any excess fee.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 2 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The repair centre have to prove that it was user damage, so you need to push them for evidence of this.
Ask for photos and an engineers report.
In our experience, if you keep pushing and refuting their claims they may back down and accept a warranty repair - Trying to charge customers for warranty repairs seems to be a common con from some repair companies, unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
As said keep pushing especially if it was O2 repairs as they are known for tricks to try and get out of repairing phones under warranty don't be fobbed off by these people
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Personally I would always deal with the manufacturers for any warranty claims regardless of the inconvenience and possibly longer turn round. O2's repairers are notorious for claiming user damage and water damage. A search on the community will bring up many issues and I wouldn't use them at all.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally agreed Jonsie neither would I
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
As you know, I used O2 repairs but it took 3 attempts to get it right 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which is totally unacceptable in my book should be right first time
Message 8 of 14

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That's ridiculous and I seem to remember you typing a letter enclosed with full diagnosis and what you had already tried, which was totally ignored. Just flashed and returned.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Precisely jonsie - Flippin hopeless !!!

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14