cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close my account with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account with O2, about 3 years.
I made a contract to get a new mobile phone in January 2013, which ended this year 2015 in January.
But continue to withdraw money from my account, the same amount as if I were to pay the mobile phone when I already finished my contract for payment of the mobile phone will be 8 months.
I went to an O2 store and the answer was, they did not know because I was paying that amount. "But they could not do anything," if I he wished they could do was switch to another tariff.

And I ask?
And all the money I've been paying this time?
For this reason I am very disappointed with O2 and I will close my account.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can drop to a sim only account but you have to ask for it.
If you do nothing your contract will continue on a rolling monthly basis.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You can drop to a sim only account but you have to ask for it.
If you do nothing your contract will continue on a rolling monthly basis.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call cs on 202 to discuss your options
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Simplicity tariffs are here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity/#/tariffs

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just noticed this thread.

@Anonymous  you took out your contract the same time as myself January 2013. I am really surprised you had no idea that contract officially ended in January of this year?

I took out a sim only (Simplicity contract) in Jan 2015 and saved myself £10 a month on my new contract. The

money wont be refunded as O2 would presume you wanted to carry on with a rolling contract. The information is always showing in My O2 had you thought to check slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just call 202, if you are happy with your phone and don't want to change or upgrade, select a simplicity deal that suits your needs and O2 will change tariff for you. Or do it yourself in My O2. O2 would have assumed you were happing on a rolling 30 day same contract and it's up to you to either end the contract or to change tariff.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

3. Your Minimum Period – Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum contract term called a Minimum Period. After that Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice

Message 6 of 6