cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing tarrif

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having been loyal to One2One/T-Mobile for over 20 years, I have finally changed to O2 & now have a full signal everywhere ! Hurrah !

GigBites don't mean anything to me, so I had no idea what to sign-up for. So I did the 2GB option.

But, in a month - using my new phone a lot, I still had 1.98GB left !

On the O2 website, there is information about upgrading a tarrif, but I cannot find any details on how to downgrade from 2GB to 1GB. It will make a significant difference to my bill.

I was used to paying about £20 per month with T-Mobile, but it's now costing me £38 per month to be on 2GB with O2.  Now I'm a pensioner, any saving would be appreciated.  So what do I do?   Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Unfortunately O2 do not allow downgrades on their tariffs...

edit: just out of curiosity how did you check your usage? was it on the actual bill that you got after a month or did u just check your phone or your current allowance?

Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sadly the option to downgrade is not available anymore.
Was 2gb your choice or were you "forced" into signing up for 2gb?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You cannot downgrade until the end of your current contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You may well find as you go on that your phone usage may change. Always better to have too much data than not enough. How long since you took out the tariff, are you still within the change of mind period?

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
You may think it's a lot but once you get used to the phone & start using IT more when your out & about or not on wifi you'll find it'll go down
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I dont use much at all but had the option to get 3gb at 2gb price. I wouldn't downgrade now even if that option was available.... (because you never know) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you to everyone for your very speedy comments.

So I cannot downgrade eh?  Hmmm !

I can't really say that I was "talked into" having 2GB - I didn't know how much or how little I would need but, like has been mentioned by someone here, I thought that it was better to have a little more than I needed "just in case, you never know".  But it clearly is FAR more than I will need if I've still got 1.98GB left after a month's usage!  In answer to a question here, I checked my bill online & it said that I had that amount remaining.

Ah well.

Thanks anyway.

Message 9 of 13

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 13