cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing airtime plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

i wanted to know if you can change the airtime plan as part of the o2 refresh contract while still contining to pay off the device plan. Or do you have to pay off the device cost first then change for example to a sim only contract? can this only be done after 24months?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you have to pay the device off first, then take out a new contract completely. There's no way to just change the airtime by itself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you have to pay the device off first, then take out a new contract completely. There's no way to just change the airtime by itself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to pay off my device plan and switch to a cheaper airtime plan. O2 told me that even if I paid off the device plan I was still contracted to the to airtime plan for the remainder of the 24 months and the only way out of that was to pay all the monthly airtime costs off too.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to pay off my device plan and switch to a cheaper airtime plan. O2 told me that even if I paid off the device plan I was still contracted to the to airtime plan for the remainder of the 24 months and the only way out of that was to pay all the monthly airtime costs off too.

That's wrong if you are on a refresh contract but correct for a standard contract.

What type are you on and who told you?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions